GDT: SCF G5: Tampa Bay @ Colorado - COL Leads 3-1 - 8pm (ET)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Landeskog didn't have a good game but he's been fine in other games in this finals. It's MacK and Mikko who need to step up or they probably won't win the cup

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Landeskog didn't have a good game but he's been fine in other games in this finals. It's MacK and Mikko who need to step up or they probably won't win the cup
I agree that game 5 was Landy's worst in the series. I think he has a good bounce back game 6.

Reactions: the_fan

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
That was a tough pill to swallow.

After Colorado tied it early in the 3rd, they were pressing. It was all Avalanche and Vasy was looking behind him after every shot. I thought for sure they were going to win the cup.

Instead, more mental mistakes popped up. Awful coverage on the Palat goal, and the cherry on top is the awful MacKinnon too-many-men penalty.

The Avalanche can never make mistakes like those because Kuemper can't bail them out. The Rutta goal was unacceptable. The Palat goal was a prime opportunity, but it's a little hard to give Kuemper a pass when Palat got very little on the shot and it pinballed through his five-hole.

We'll see what happens in Game 6. Colorado has definitely played well enough to win this series.
I thought they looked a bit nervous, maybe the cup being in the building effected them. I don't expect them to think about the cup in game 6. We closed out every series on the road, just have to do it in game 6. If they don't do it in game 6 there's still game 7 where home teams win like 75% of the time.

• Love
Reactions: pockets and shadow1

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
I haven’t seen 1 pass to Mikko for a one timer . It’s either Mack or Makar. Avs are too predictable. Mikko has a great one timer , not sure why they are not utilizing him

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I thought they looked a bit nervous, maybe the cup being in the building effected them. I don't expect them to think about the cup in game 6. We closed out every series on the road, just have to do it in game 6. If they don't do it in game 6 there's still game 7 where home teams win like 75% of the time.
I also think the crowd and hype, cup being in the building and all that played a role in Avs losing this game, and also Avs trying to win the cup with this group for the 1st time not having the experience to do so yet

Reactions: niwotsblessing

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I woke up still completely pissed off at Compher and Kuemper. Those two should not be welcomed back next season. And since when have Compher been so f***ing slow? His one redeeming factor and it seems to be completely gone.

Reactions: AvsWraith

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014

Well, heard from my brother after return from the game. He was sitting close to the ice. He had 3 words then didn't want to expand.

"worst reffing ever"

This from a guy who has played a LOT of hockey and knows the game, not the least of which coaching aspect too. Who detests complaining about reffing. And he said that. Blow me down with a feather.

So, that.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I think this was one of those games that could have gone either way. Avs probably played better on the whole, and they were really pushing hard in the first half of the third period for the win after they knotted it at 2. This despite the softie Kuemper let in and the questionable call on Makar leading to the 4v3.

By my eye test, they looked stronger in Game 5 than in Game 4 if you take the game from start to end. In Game 4, I felt they were somewhat lucky to be tied, considering Sturm's GTG was moving parallel to the goal line, but they dominated overtime and got the win. In Game 5, they were on top when the score was 2-2, but effectively got sucker punched by a bad defensive series of events. I think it's better than it happened in this order.

I am anticipating that Game 6 (and 7 if necessary) will also be tight games decided on a bounce, a bad luck penalty called, or a soft goal. Basically two coin flips and as long as just one of them comes up Avs, we're golden.
Hope this is the case. As just posted, my brother was at the game, knows hockey well, hate complaining about the refs... and he said 'worst reffing ever'. That really surprised me. We know the ice was tilted due to reffing. But according to him is what we didn't see because they weren't called that finally cracked it for him.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Going to have to retire my Makar 3rd jersey. Wore it to work yesterday and we lost, the previous time I wore it was to the game where McDavid had 6 points. Wore my MacKinnon to game 4 against Edmonton and we won, guess it's MacKinnon all the way from now on.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Going to have to retire my Makar 3rd jersey. Wore it to work yesterday and we lost, the previous time I wore it was to the game where McDavid had 6 points. Wore my MacKinnon to game 4 against Edmonton and we won, guess it's MacKinnon all the way from now on.
Put my Makar RR back in the closet this morning. It's been nothing but bad luck in the playoffs so far.

Time to bring the Bourque sweater for that 2001 good luck.

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
Nuke's gonna play. He's a straight up warrior. He may not be as fast, but he will play.
Who’s Nuke?

Yeah, this pure emotion right here. You don't trade away one of the best players on earth, despite having a great post season, because he hasn't given you everything you want while leading the defending stanley cup champs 3 games to 2. It's asinine and I won't pretend that it isn't because I'm dissapointed in the game.
Naz looked great last night. As did Nichushkin.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Well, heard from my brother after return from the game. He was sitting close to the ice. He had 3 words then didn't want to expand.

"worst reffing ever"

This from a guy who has played a LOT of hockey and knows the game, not the least of which coaching aspect too. Who detests complaining about reffing. And he said that. Blow me down with a feather.

So, that.
You kinda got the sense that the reffing was a little suspect when Cale Makar, of all players, lost his shit. Tampa gets away with a lot and ultimately the Avs do have to play through it. It would just be nice for the refs to not influence a game as much as they [seem] do. This goes for Tampa too - both teams deserve consistent reffing

Reactions: drhiii

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island

"worst reffing ever"

So, that.
wow...

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I haven’t seen 1 pass to Mikko for a one timer . It’s either Mack or Makar. Avs are too predictable. Mikko has a great one timer , not sure why they are not utilizing him
Avs are a team that just likes to pass cute passes for 50 seconds before shooting on PP. They are looking for that cute goal.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
You kinda got the sense that the reffing was a little suspect when Cale Makar, of all players, lost his shit. Tampa gets away with a lot and ultimately the Avs do have to play through it. It would just be nice for the refs to not influence a game as much as they [seem] do. This goes for Tampa too - both teams deserve consistent reffing
The funny thing is the league sees it as calling too much influences the game, but calling nothing does the exact same. It let's teams cheat and get away with shit. There's a fine balance, bit ultimately all anyone wants is consistency, which the league has proven they don't know how to achieve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad