GDT: SCF G5: Tampa Bay @ Colorado - COL Leads 3-1 - 8pm (ET)

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Why did Bednar lean so hard on the top guys last night? Our depth was what got us where we are. Also Sturm is useless, need to reunite the Cogliano, Helm, LOC line.
Give your big time guys the opportunity to win it all at home. I completely understand why Bednar did that.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Putting Compher on the 2nd line will only increase his ice time against Kucherov. And that's a VERY bad idea. Kucherov is making Compher his bitch this series.
Kadri didn’t look good last game, maybe he was running on adrenaline the first game back and it’s starting to affect him the second game.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Kadri didn’t look good last game, maybe he was running on adrenaline the first game back and it’s starting to affect him the second game.
Kadri didn't look dangerous when he was on the ice, but neither did Kucherov. I'd rather those two cancel each other out than leave Compher exposed to someone that he clearly can't handle.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
If reunite Mack/Landy/Rantanen. In game 4 when Bednar did this Nuke/Kadri/Lehkonen held their own. Nuke and Kadri work real well together.
I think the only problem with that is faceoffs. I don't think Kadri has taken any since he's been back and Nuke and Lehky don't take them at all.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Putting Compher on the 2nd line will only increase his ice time against Kucherov. And that's a VERY bad idea. Kucherov is making Compher his bitch this series.

Kucherov hasn’t made anyone his bitch this series. He really hasn’t been that great so far.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Kucherov hasn’t made anyone his bitch this series. He really hasn’t been that great so far.
I strongly disagree. He's looked dangerous when Compher is chasing him around the D zone like a chicken with his head cut off. It hasn't amounted to much yet, but it's only a matter of time before he starts getting clean shots or finding open guys on the ice against Compher.

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
I know everyone here is pissed off and disappointed. The game was there for the taking. Games 1 and 4 were close too - we’re not going to win every close game.

The reason 3-1 comebacks are rare is because it takes 3 wins. Many home teams up 3-1 lose game 5 and come back to win game 6 or 7. We have two more cracks at this so just find a way to breathe.

I think what makes this tough is that each game (other than game 2) is stressful. I’m not looking forward to that. I think if we win, I’ll be more relieved than happy. But it’s butt clinching until then.

Game 5 is the hardest to win for a team up 3-1. The losing team usually increases their level of play several degrees and the team up in the series is feeling the major pressure of being able to win the cup and trying to play mistake free and be perfect. Usually when you move onto game 6 and 7 though the team losing in the series starts to feel some fatigue from the increase in effort they have to expend as they go and the pressure of winning the title starts to subside for the winning team along with the adjustments made after losing game 5.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Game 5 is the hardest to win for a team up 3-1. The losing team usually increases their level of play several degrees and the team up in the series is feeling the major pressure of being able to win the cup and trying to play mistake free and be perfect. Usually when you move onto game 6 and 7 though the team losing in the series starts to feel some fatigue from the increase in effort they have to expend as they go and the pressure of winning the title starts to subside for the winning team along with the adjustments made after losing game 5.
Makes sense .

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
The funny thing is the league sees it as calling too much influences the game, but calling nothing does the exact same. It let's teams cheat and get away with shit. There's a fine balance, bit ultimately all anyone wants is consistency, which the league has proven they don't know how to achieve.
How can they be consistent when one coach has an emotional breakdown on national TV because of a missed call that caused a 1-on-2 and led to the winning goal???

That last call of too many men with a little under 3 minutes left was such a joke and seemed like it was a gift from the refs as if to say "here you go, you whiny little bitch, merry Christmas! Now please don't cry and suggest we suck again". Hopefully Christmas only comes once a year.

Anyways, cooper better hope the playoffs end soon, I'm sure he's all set to join the cast of Days of our Lives for the summer.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Props to @CDN24 for posting this.

On June 24th of last year, Lehkonen scored the game winning goal to send his team to the Stanley Cup Final. I wonder what he has planned for today! :)

LFG!
Well he was 2 days late but still got the job done. Last year semis GWG in OT to put team in finals, This year GWG in deciding game of semis again and GWG in deciding game of the finals. he shows up when it matters most.

Reactions: flyfysher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad