GDT: SCF #5|Penguins vs. Sharks|8 ET|CBC, NBC, TVAS| 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What period do we dominate? 2nd periods. Go ****ing light this period up. 5-3 lead going into 3rd. :yo:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Murray is in for the 2nd. It's not even really a discussion.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Get 14 off of Genos line and watch him go off. He's this close to putting this team on his back tonight.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Guys this is all my fault. I'm stuck at work, and not at home wearing my Maatta 3rd jersey, drinking beer from my Civic Arena stainless steel beer glass. I blew it.

I'll be back home and all will be right again by midway through the second. Have faith, and hold on until I get there.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't know. Bizarre period. We're only down 1. If we out shoot them 15-7ish for two more periods I like our chances to climb back in and win.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Two of those goals were horrible ones to give up by Murray. You still can't pull him right now.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I don't know, I think I have more faith in Murray putting those goals behind him and shutting the door than I do in MAF coming in and being sharp at this point. And that's not really a shot at MAF either. I wouldn't have faith in most goalies after being on the bench for months.

Still, Murray has to be better. This game would be 2-1 right now if Murray was even average that period.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
What a wild one, hope Murray settles down. Those two posts hurts right now, but the PP looked electric (shame we seem to have reached our quota on those, maybe the Sharks will gift us another delay-of-game). Time for Sid to even it up and win it in OT!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sharks did a good job of stalling our break outs.

Their D is stepping up like period 3 last game. They are not retreating when there's a reasonable chance to step up. Our forwards are cheating too much coming out of the zone, and they're getting caught because of what the Sharks are doing.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
I really hope for Murray that he doesn't let anything else in. I feel like we will win this game regardless and I'd hate to see him blow his chance at tying that record.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Murray is constantly being beaten whenever guys come around the net on his blocker side. He over anticipates the shot and either cheats off his post or drops way too early. How many times has he been beaten on similar shots in these playoffs already?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
U think fluery starts the second?

He should. Put Fleury in for the rest of the game and go back to Murray for game 6 if it exists. I don't care if you hate Fleury, there is no way you could seriously argue that Murray tonight would be better than MAF.

The NBC announcers are probably right though, the score lets the Pens keep Murray in. If he lets in a 4th goal, I think he'll get pulled.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
@Pancakes:

Serious

Or are you?

If you are serious I'd say I'd wait until another goal against to put in Maf. With the game still in reach you have to have faith in your goalie who got you here.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Period 1.. Offensively we were a B+. Defensively a D-. If we can up the defensive aspect and keep the offense up - we will get this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad