Scenario: Jets Bruins final

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
If the Bruins win tonight by one goal they will be tied with the Jets for points.

If the Jets and Bruins meet in the final they will tied with

ROW: 48
Goal Dif: +59
Head to head: Both teams beat each other once in a SO.

Who gets home ice?

If the Bruins lose or win by more then 2 goals then this scenario does not happen.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
Leafs will beat the Bruins in round 2 on their way to the finals against the Jets. A Canadian team will win for the first time since 1993 and all of Canada will be happy.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Isn't Goals For next?

Not according to this.

Tie-Breaking Procedure

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They just came up with the tiebreaker game for Philly and Florida. It would be hilarious if they hamstrung themselves into playing a tiebreaker game to determine home ice for the Cup Finals.

But yeah, those are the only criteria listed, they'll probably announce something the week before or something where they announce a new tiebreaker.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
They just came up with the tiebreaker game for Philly and Florida. It would be hilarious if they hamstrung themselves into playing a tiebreaker game to determine home ice for the Cup Finals.

But yeah, those are the only criteria listed, they'll probably announce something the week before or something where they announce a new tiebreaker.
Things like this by a major sports league should be embarrass the NHL, but they seem content to fly by the seat of their pants with decisions and rules .

Reactions: libertarian

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think either way the Jets get home ice. They have more wins than them. But I also want Boston to win today because I want them to face Taylor Hall and the New Jersey Devils.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

That would be kinda arbitrary though since they can just decide who gets home ice.
Fairest scenario would be (of course it's not gonna happen) if they played game 7 on neutral ice.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Things like this by a major sports league should be embarrass the NHL, but they seem content to fly by the seat of their pants with decisions and rules .

Your right, they can't come up with a new tie breaking rule just before the final. That would be extremely bush league.

Coin flip?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Leafs will beat the Bruins in round 2 on their way to the finals against the Jets. A Canadian team will win for the first time since 1993 and all of Canada will be happy.

I love how you just casually take it for granted that they’ll beat the Lightning in the first round. Need I remind you what happened the last time you guys got cocky with us? ;)

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010

Lets be fair here.

That series would be Toronto vs. Canada. I think the vast majority of fans outside of Ontario would be rooting for Jets.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Nashville vs. Bruins....Preds win their 1st cup !! :thumbu:

TsyjSvbm3UG9W.gif

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
That would be kinda arbitrary though since they can just decide who gets home ice.
Fairest scenario would be (of course it's not gonna happen) if they played game 7 on neutral ice.

NHL owners would love losing game 7 revenue..

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Because he's irish right.
It’s a needle to the Bruins fans about the draft choices in first round 2015
Bruins acquired 3 picks in a row during first round in 2015
Barzal and Connor were the next ones chosen immediately after Bruins finished their curious selection of Debrusk and 2 busts

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad