"Scary" Gary Roberts Hall Of Fame Worthy?

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Definately not. One good season with 53goals-90pts, the rest were mediocre. He has one Stanley Cup as a sophmore (not big contributer), one Bill Masterton and has been to three All Star Games (not all star team, one GAME). 434 goals, 900 pts in 1194gp.

Just not HHOF worthy, maybe Calgary retires his number though, but thats the most I see.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
See my answer about Shane Doan.

(Roberts is a a better player than Doan though....)

ObnoxiousPensFan*

thanks just have abousltey loved this man-beast he's tough as nails,feared, and highley respected if OV would fight i could see him as the 2nd comming of a young Gary, no disrespect to him i love the guy and all dont get me wrong

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
A guy that you would want on your team. Everyone would. But just was never an elite player in the NHL even in his best year.

Diving Pokecheck*

No.
Guys like Ciccarelli and Taylor did everything he did, but better, and they don't have a shot it hell.
Roberts is more on the tier of Neal Broten or Butch Goring.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
thanks just have abousltey loved this man-beast he's tough as nails,feared, and highley respected if OV would fight i could see him as the 2nd comming of a young Gary, no disrespect to him i love the guy and all dont get me wrong

Ovechkin? Gary has never had a season as good as Alex's "worst" season to date. If AO is the second coming of anyone, it's Bobby Hull.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad