OT: Scalper tickets in Boston

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
Hi guys, Leafs fan here. My wife and I are in Boston for the Bruins/Leafs game on 9 November. What's the situation with scalpers like in Boston? Any tips on how to procure tickets for the game from scalpers (locations, prices, etc.)? Are we better off getting tickets through stubhub? If we're cheering for the Leafs, will the crowd be hostile (I mean actually hostile, not friendly-hostile)?

Cheers!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't know about hostile, but certainly rude. You have a good chance of running into a few jerks even if you keep to yourself unfortunately. From what I've seen it's usually easily avoided just by ignoring it or not retaliating with barbs of your own.

As for tickets, yeah I would say stubhub is a decent bet. The stickied ticket thread has some good info but generally any post-Christmas games are at a premium, and if you need just a single it's better to wait until just before puck drop. It all depends on inventory for that particular game. If there are 3,000 tickets, wait and see.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Greetings. We don't generally promote scalping here (there's an official tickets thread that you can go to to request tickets at face value, though : http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1429105).

I'm not willing to speculate on fan behavior, other than to say don't boo or jeer the American flag or soldiers, because that earns people an ass kicking. And don't get so loaded you can't control yourself.

Enjoy!

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
I would use stubhub. You won't save a significant enough money buying from a scalper, to justify the hassle. As far as crowd goes, you'll get teased in the bathroom between periods, but that's about it. Nothing personal. Hope you enjoy your trip to Boston

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
A great site I've been using is seatgeek.com... It searches around the web for the best tickets from tons of sites (including stubhub).

I'm sure there's more info in the tickets thread though.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looking forward to the game, it should be a good one!

I have had ST for 11 years in Boston for the B's and have often sat next to Leaf fans. No problems at all. Leaf fans are cool.

My daughter and I are going to Toronto for a B's / Leaf's game in Dec....I hope for friendly Leaf fans there. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad