Pre-Game Talk: SC Final: Habs vs Tampa Monday June 28th 8 pm

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2010
Barzal was crying in the post game because he couldn’t get Greene a chance to win it.

I’ll be really sad for Weber and Price if they can’t raise it. I want to see the smile on Weber’s face after lifting the cup and then handing it to Price.

Habs need to make it tight and hit hard. But the only way it works is if they can get 1-2 more wins. Then you have Tampa on the other side getting hit and being frustrated.

Will they really pay the price when they are down a game or two ? After they went through it already and have their cup. Won’t a player on their team decide to just get rid of the puck instead of getting hit ?

It will go with whose more hungry for it. If Tampa matches our level we probably are dead, but if they just show a little bit of hesitation you will have guys who never won giving everything.

This is why I want Frolik over Tatar to replace Armia if he's not playing. Habs have to keep winning special teams.

PK is a huge part of our identity now. It's a big reason why we're here. It frustrates the other team. Can't afford to start allowing powerplay goals. That would be a big time momentum killer, guaranteed.

Habs keep killing penalties=greater chance of winning.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I used to live in Sweden back in 98, and all sorts of people stayed up to watch whichever game was on generally at 2am.

Speaking of, would love to have more Swedes on the Habs. Better than Gustafsson would be nice. ;)

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Speaking of, would love to have more Swedes on the Habs. Better than Gustafsson would be nice. ;)

our Sundin forever,never forgotten

I also hear Mats Naslund is getting ready to watch our Habs cup run,after years of admitting to not watching the Habs.

He ( Mats Naslund) said he doesn't even know who Cole Caufield is..(not a joke)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Mom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd love to know what that means. We Ur-a-peeins get only a glimpse through BBC and it isn't much.

Since you asked ... he's how Per describes his animal voyeurism:

So I follow Wild Earth which is a YouTube show daily where safari guides drive around and you get close to some animals. I following the Northern Avoca males (3 that control 2 prides) and they have 2 older brothers that are the Southern Avocas. Then I followed the Othawa male, he and his sister were the only surviving cubs when a new coalition of males took over his pride. They kill the cubs and drive away (or kill) subadults. They were raised by an "aunt" and the Othawa male's future didn't look very bright but somehow he managed to survive until he became one of the most beautiful lions, if anyone would do a tourist brochure he could be the lion. He took over the Mangheni pride and did not kill the cubs, instead he accepted them which is very rare. 4 weeks ago I saw him live on the evening filming. Then he followed a female and apparently he was attacked by 2 males and was killed. Somebody did this little video. Well, now my other daily live show started yesterday, the brown bears of katmai Alaska.

OT: - Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I can't believe my eyes..there are weather stations saying it's 54C in Lytton BC right now...129.2 F ...insane .

Go Habs GO

Reactions: Born in 1909

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
About that 2014 wasnt the year that Tampa was using a 11th goalie and half of the core was injured

It was their backup anders lindback. Bishop was the starter but he got hurt late in the year.

The lightning did play another goalie in game 4 and it might have been a young vasilevsky, because lindback was having a tough time.

habsnacks

Nov 16, 2014
The greater the challenge, the more satisfying the ultimate victory. I like the fact that Tampa is loaded and that they probably cheated — it can only ramp up the motivation to beat them.

And that’s why beating the Capitals in 2010 was so glorious. First 8th seed in history to ever come back 3-1 down in a series against a 1 seed. Why not make history again?

Reactions: Runner77

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Hit Kucherov hard. Hit them all hard. Let them block Weber’s slappers. They are brittle and weakened now. And they will fall.

Kucherov is basically a PP threat now. He doesn't score on 5 on 5 anyways. Same goes for Stamkos. So Kucherov doesn't need maximal mobility, he just needs to use his stick and rely on skills. On 5 on 5, Yanni Gourde and Cirelli are more dangerous to make something happen.

Reactions: dinodebino

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
This is why I want Frolik over Tatar to replace Armia if he's not playing. Habs have to keep winning special teams.

PK is a huge part of our identity now. It's a big reason why we're here. It frustrates the other team. Can't afford to start allowing powerplay goals. That would be a big time momentum killer, guaranteed.

Habs keep killing penalties=greater chance of winning.
Pretty sure Evans draws in if Army is sidelined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad