WJC: Sbisa lost for tournament

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's been named to the Olympic team, and that's not in 4 weeks.

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
Hopefully he can still play in the Olympics. Although barring any career-ending injuries, he should get plenty more opportunities.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
That's a shame.
Sbisa is a player that brought a wealth of experience to that roster. A very interesting 19 year old for sure.

How did he look in his games anyways, I failed to catch them.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
That's a shame.
Sbisa is a player that brought a wealth of experience to that roster. A very interesting 19 year old for sure.

How did he look in his games anyways, I failed to catch them.

He looks really great vs USA, he was the best swiss player after Conz. Very strong on his skate and quick. But a little less impressive in the game vs Canada.

But for me, Josi is better that Sbisa. For sure.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
According to sources, Switzerland captain Luca Sbisa will be lost for the remainder of the tournament after suffering an abdominal tear.

He's expected out for four weeks, which could also impact his Olympic hopes.

What a huge loss for the Swiss team. As if Russia wasn't going to be tough enough for them to compete with in the quarter-final.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
What a huge loss for the Swiss team. As if Russia wasn't going to be tough enough for them to compete with in the quarter-final.

yop !

Out of our 4 best field players ... Niederreiter, Berger, Josi and Sbisa ... 3 are out !!
(Berger was out 1 week before the beginning of the WJC, with a foot injury vs Austria in a preparation game !)

The only one remaining is Niederreiter !

As if we had enough depth !!!

But the gods of hockey are in our favor.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
Just curious, who are the sources? All I could find is this blog which does not appear to be a primary source: http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

I can't tell you what HFs rule on using that as a source would be, but Greg Drinnan is a very very very good source.

As much as this sucks for Switzerland, it may suck even more for Lethbridge who really needs to get a good return on him in a trade. Now whoever gets him(if anybody) has a player that will be dog tired and returning from injury, and won't have him basically until what, March?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad