Say Hello to The Bad Guy

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
Hate comes with playoff series. Considering we haven't done anything in the playoffs in roughly a decade, I'd say this thread is premature.

Now, mocking on the other hand... we're an all too easy target for that.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
The only place I really see/hear "hate" is these boards and random comments on like reddit and ****. In the real world I don't really hear people talking about buffalo at all, ever. I think the majority of fans don't even spare a moments thought about buffalo and haven't for years now. I personal see/hear almost zero "hate".

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
See what happens when Buffalo fans get cocky ? We are going to be tied with Arizona in points before they even play their next game. I knew all this would come back to haunt us.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
See what happens when Buffalo fans get cocky ? We are going to be tied with Arizona in points before they even play their next game. I knew all this would come back to haunt us.

Lol :laugh:

Your posts often bring a smile to my face but I actually see where your coming from on this.

That said - I have always believed what will be will be. Embrace it. McDavid - great. EIchel - still great. Third ? - deal with it & make the best of it. I honestly don't think it will be as huge a deal as most are making out.

Karate Johnson*

There is a lot of hate of the sabres already and we havent even drafted.

People throwing around "digusting", "embarassing", "immoral" among others.... It's all code for jealousy and envy. Teams that are middling cannt stand that we did what's neccessary to get out of that cycle..... Teams that took 10 years to rebuild are frustrated that we are so much better at it. Matt Martin cannt stand that we won't have to wait 20 years.

Bring it on.

Also, I will never pull for another team when they are down. I hope the Islanders fail in Brooklyn, are sold, and move.

The only exception is Arizona.... We are connected forever this year and I hope it works for them. Also Columbus, since they put us down last night.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No. When your on a site called Hockeys future and you are guaranteed McDavid or Eichel then yes you are hated by jealous envious haters. Feels so good. And if we actually get McDavid ? Oh boy this board will melt down.

Karate Johnson*

No one hates the last place team, just stop. Hate comes from winning.

They absolutely do.

Anti buffalo sentiment is everywhere.

Just wait til we start winning..... They will be beside themselves.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
They absolutely do.

Not sure if you are a bills fan, but do you hate Tampa Bay or do you hate the Patriots.

No one cares that Tampa is getting Winston. One player isn't guaranteeing a championship. You hate the team that wins, not the team drafting 1st overall. Getting McEichel is awesome, but it doesn't guarantee you anything. No intelligent hockey fan hates the Sabres. They are irrelevant until they start winning.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They absolutely do.

This is truly nothing. Having been on here since 2005, I can say with confidence nothing comes near the venom directed at a winning team. It dwarfs anything you've seen on here related to tanking. Tanking may get brought up as part of the invectives directed at us when we become a winning team. But nothing brings out the hate and trolls like winning itself does.

Trolls from other boards descended on our board en masse in those two post lockout years. As an example, the GDTs during that time could and did turn very ugly, very quickly. Unfortunately another side effect of winning is we generate a lot of our own trolls. They head out to the main boards and other forums to gloat about how great we are. It obviously stokes the hate for our successful team. Thus bringing more trolls into the fray on our forum. The circle of life if you will.

Not looking forward to that.

Last edited:

Karate Johnson*

There is a 10 page sticky thread on the main board crapping on the Sabres organization, Tim Murray, etc for firing the worst coach in the NHL.

People hate The Sabres.

Karate Johnson*

I think some of you misinterpret this thread.

The whole point is that they hate us for tanking, now they hate us for firing Nolan, and they are going to hate us for drafting McEichel. And we are 30th.

The 30th place team is one of the hottest topics on the main board.

So what is it going to be like when we are good?

I intend on being obnoxious and throwing it in everyone's faces tht we did everything they hated and it worked.

Karate Johnson*

Haha.

The Leafs clean house and that thread was started at noon. 253 posts

Sabres fire Nolan at 7:00 and it has 248 posts.

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
Haha.

The Leafs clean house and that thread was started at noon. 253 posts

Sabres fire Nolan at 7:00 and it has 248 posts.
That thread. :laugh:

Apparently Buffalo has zero chance of signing Babcock now, since we're a coaching graveyard. Three coaches since 2013 guys!

Hipcheck13

Jul 26, 2014
NY
That thread. :laugh:

Apparently Buffalo has zero chance of signing Babcock now, since we're a coaching graveyard. Three coaches since 2013 guys!

Yeah and one of them only lasted 15 years before he was fired, talk about poor job security. :sarcasm:

Clock

May 13, 2006
I intend on being obnoxious and throwing it in everyone's faces tht we did everything they hated and it worked.

Cringe. Have fun with it however you want, but that "embrace the hatred and be obnoxious!" stuff is exactly why I find certain demographics of the Leafs and Bruins so much.

Karate Johnson*

Cringe. Have fun with it however you want, but that "embrace the hatred and be obnoxious!" stuff is exactly why I find certain demographics of the Leafs and Bruins so much.

Let's take a leap....

Say, 5 years from now we win a cup. The following summer you wouldn't be the least bit compelled to remind everyone about our "dishonorable tank job" or our "disgusting" treatment of Ted Nolan?

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Let's take a leap....

Say, 5 years from now we win a cup. The following summer you wouldn't be the least bit compelled to remind everyone about our "dishonorable tank job" or our "disgusting" treatment of Ted Nolan?

No, actually I wouldn't. I'd be ecstatic about winning a cup, and not care about what others think. You're advocating being what I dislike about some teams' fanbases. In fact, you've already started to do that on the main board. Honestly, it's unnecessary and counterproductive in both the short and long-term.

Karate Johnson*

No, actually I wouldn't. I'd be ecstatic about winning a cup, and not care about what others think. You're advocating being what I dislike about some teams' fanbases. In fact, you've already started to do that on the main board. Honestly, it's unnecessary and counterproductive in both the short and long-term.

Productivity is literally the last thing I'm worried about on a sports message board. They are, at thier core, a complete waste of time. Strictly for entertainment.

It's ridiculous trade proposals.

Arguement between fanbases that are never resolved with an agreement.

Pot shots at teams you don't like.

A great place to consolidate news and info.

Nothing I do is going to change that.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Productivity is literally the last thing I'm worried about on a sports message board. They are, at thier core, a complete waste of time. Strictly for entertainment.

It's ridiculous trade proposals.

Arguement between fanbases that are never resolved with an agreement.

Pot shots at teams you don't like.

A great place to consolidate news and info.

Nothing I do is going to change that.

That's your view of the boards, not everyone's. There is also some decent discussion on the boards at times. Besides, a team's fanbase is stereotyped by the idiots. Don't be one of them, because you just make it harder for others to have a decent conversation.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Let's take a leap....

Honestly, no. I think the people going off on that are really a vocal minority who get off on Sabres fans caring about what they think, not a larger population. The whole point of trolling is to get someone to care about what you're saying, why grant them that?

Five years from now it'll be a long, distant memory. I already don't care outside of the whole thing providing for some amusing conversation.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to judge or look down at you, because a lot of people enjoy the drama of sports. I do too, to a degree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad