Save of the year candidate by MAF

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Would like to see that from a better angle and in real time, you can't see what kind of shot that was. Three GIFs and none of the show the actual shot.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Missed this save because I had walked away from my PC at the end of the Leafs-Vegas game but sheesh, what a save from Flower!

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I really appreciate that this save wasn't caused by poor positioning or a poor initial save, resulting in needing to do something acrobatic.

Sometimes you see similar saves but they're caused by an initial mistake by the goalie. This one is just all around awesome.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
A quality of a save shouldn't be determined by the fact the shot was going to go in or not.

Ask Petan would he liked his shot (a) in the goal, (b) missing the net and giving another chance to one of his teammates or (c) ending up in Fleury's glove.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah, if I were in goal, I would have just stood there and laughed, while it sailed wide. No need for a gratuitous dive.
giphy.gif

Trying to win = gratuitous. Wow. You really do learn something new every day.

Reactions: allevat

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I have seen the birth of my son. I have seen my wife cry tears of joy towards our little baby. I have seen a little kid attempt to save the life of a much bigger person by pulling them off the road when they wiped out on their bicycle.

But folks, looks like we have a new number one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad