Saudi Arabia set to host 2034 World Cup

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
That's the thing with these major tournaments, if you plan things out and get booking right away, you can save a lot of money in the long run.
Bingo. My Russian accomodations were booked 9 months out and Doha were booked about 6. I would've booked Doha sooner but since Qatar took over booking for the whole country that was the soonest they opened it.

2026 is going to be extremely challenging. I'm already saving for it, but I'm not sure how things are going to go. Demand will be higher than ever and hotels are gonna be licking their lips.

I have a lofty and likely unrealistic goal to see a match in every stadium... Don't think I'll get there but we'll see, haha.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bingo. My Russian accomodations were booked 9 months out and Doha were booked about 6. I would've booked Doha sooner but since Qatar took over booking for the whole country that was the soonest they opened it.

2026 is going to be extremely challenging. I'm already saving for it, but I'm not sure how things are going to go. Demand will be higher than ever and hotels are gonna be licking their lips.

I have a lofty and likely unrealistic goal to see a match in every stadium... Don't think I'll get there but we'll see, haha.
2026 Worries me too. I'm worried going to 3 Canada games in Canada will end up being more than my entire trip to Qatar.

Reactions: GabeTravels

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That's what I figured. Have to wait for groups to get picked, right?
Yeah.

I'm curious to see how they divide things up. Geographic bases make the most sense imo, however FIFA will want to showcase some of the key players/teams in multiple spots.

From a Canada perspective, will we play 3 games in Toronto? 2 games Toronto and one in Vancouver?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah.

I'm curious to see how they divide things up. Geographic bases make the most sense imo, however FIFA will want to showcase some of the key players/teams in multiple spots.

From a Canada perspective, will we play 3 games in Toronto? 2 games Toronto and one in Vancouver?

They should just announce which groups pot 1 teams will be in once qualifying is over.

Reactions: robertmac43

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Do you wanna get the bonesaw treatment?

Maybe he meant for 2026? :sarcasm:

That would be ideal, literally anything to help the planning process lol.

It's not like they couldn't do that for pot 1 teams. Sure the rest would still need to wait for the final draw, but there's no reason they couldn't just draw the pot 1 teams into groups as soon as the top sides are done qualifying. That's like half a year of extra planning time.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Yeah.

I think I read they're gonna keep teams in regions so travel between group stage games is easier. I think they'll try to put countries in locations where there's a larger heritage from that nation.

AFC, CAF, CONCACAF qualifying finishes Nov 25.
CONMEBOL is Sep 25.
OFC is Mar 25.
UEFA playoffs is Mar 26.
Intercontinental playoff is Mar 26.

Russia draw was 12/1/17 for reference. My guess is a draw in December 25, after all of the full slots are determined (except UEFA) and before the intercontinental.

Reactions: robertmac43

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, they only cared because they lost to Qatar. Once they got their WC, the investigation stopped.

That's truly patethic.

I still don't understand how that could have happened. Everyone said that Americans don't care enough about soccer to be bought off with a World Cup!

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
They gave the US a World Cup, the FBI should leave them alone for another couple decades now.

No, they are still active today, see this article from last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad