satified with your teams deadline?

mjwfansk

Jan 29, 2019
as a Warriors fan i said I wanted to see them get d man and goalie, well they got a goalie to help unger out, even though they didnt get a defense man. Port is suppose to be back soon and can fit in top 4 I believe so they are okay. There was lots of rumors that the Warriors could have had geekie as well but would not part with lakovic i understand why they didnt as they need someone for the future, but imagine if they did wow . The lineup can score and would love to see a playoff matchup with the blades in a7 game series ,it would be entertaining.

Go Warriors Go

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
as a Warriors fan i said I wanted to see them get d man and goalie, well they got a goalie to help unger out, even though they didnt get a defense man. Port is suppose to be back soon and can fit in top 4 I believe so they are okay. There was lots of rumors that the Warriors could have had geekie as well but would not part with lakovic i understand why they didnt as they need someone for the future, but imagine if they did wow . The lineup can score and would love to see a playoff matchup with the blades in a7 game series ,it would be entertaining.

Go Warriors Go
Ripplinger insisted that he only wanted to do a deal for draft picks which considering the circumstances, seemed a bit stubborn to me. MJ has most of the pieces in place to make a serious run. Hard to believe they couldn't have sacrificed a couple of roster players and/or prospects to snag Geekie too. That would have been epic.

That said, I assume Lakovic will take on a major role with the Warriors as a big forward so I can understand the reluctance to part with him given that MJ doesn't have a ton of highly capable younger players ready to assume major roles as the current core moves on.

mjwfansk

Jan 29, 2019
Yeah getting geekie would have been epic imagine that powerplay
Geekie savoie firkus Yager mateychuk .

I wish ripplinger would have done bit more I also understand we need players for next year

Reactions: jetsmooseice

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I wasn't overall happy with the direction the Hurricanes took, but at the same time they didn't give up a ton so can't be overly upset. I am puzzled why a team with no shot at making it past the first round, and even that is unlikely, is giving up 2nd and 3rd round picks to make the first round loss closer, especially when the team has no young talent on the team or in the system. But at least it kept its 1sts.

Seems like they have a coach that is more interested in pumping up his own record to try and get to the NHL and a GM that is fine with mediocrity rather than anyone thinking about what makes sense for the team's long term interest.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
I wasn't overall happy with the direction the Hurricanes took, but at the same time they didn't give up a ton so can't be overly upset. I am puzzled why a team with no shot at making it past the first round, and even that is unlikely, is giving up 2nd and 3rd round picks to make the first round loss closer, especially when the team has no young talent on the team or in the system. But at least it kept its 1sts.

Seems like they have a coach that is more interested in pumping up his own record to try and get to the NHL and a GM that is fine with mediocrity rather than anyone thinking about what makes sense for the team's long term interest.
They've got a goaltender who could steal a round on his own. I was also confused about them trading away 2nd and 3rds, but the fact they got a 2nd and 3rd back for Zimmer made it easier to understand.

For the first half of the season they were a team with incredible goaltending but couldn't score. Now they still have that goaltending, but they've added players who can score.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
They've got a goaltender who could steal a round on his own. I was also confused about them trading away 2nd and 3rds, but the fact they got a 2nd and 3rd back for Zimmer made it easier to understand.

For the first half of the season they were a team with incredible goaltending but couldn't score. Now they still have that goaltending, but they've added players who can score.

Sure but the goaltender is just as likely to steal the series with the players they had before the moves than they do now.

I guess maybe now you hope you can outplay a team in a game and Meneghin wins you the other 3, but hard to see the Hurricanes winning a round without Meneghin stealing the show and that was the case before the moves.

But they didn't give up a ton which is why I didn't hate it, just not sure it was the way they needed to go,.

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007

I really liked the moves. The Canes have a boatload of draft picks and did not give up much to get 40 more goals in the goal column. The middle of the Eastern Conference is wide open and you never know what can happen in the playoffs. There is no way they should have given up more to get more to make a run because that is not going to happen

If they get hot and our goalie stays healthy they could win 1 round. Why does that matter? It teaches the younger player how to win and how to play in the playoffs. This team should be much better next year and then they can make bigger trades and take a shot at something.

The problem with taking a shot next year or the year after is the Tigers could be an absolutely amazing club.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
The cost wasn't overly high but as I said all it does it makes it possible for us to lose by 5 or 6 games in the first round rather than 4.

I don't think the middle of the East is wide open- Saskatoon, MH and MJ are all levels above us, we can't beat them without a miracle performance from Meneghin which was the case before the deadline. We aren't catching RD and SC adding bigger and better pieces than us so unlikely we catch those two either.

What does give me the most pause is that this shows again that Anholt is more interested in constantly finishing 6th than he is trying to build a team to win. We have no good young players, aren't set up to win next year or the year after, but we still seem happy to maintain mediocrity long term. I imagine the community ownership is happy to get a few games of play-off revenue every year but we are headed for no success or ability to even have a shot at anything with the goal being get two first round home games and nothing else each and every year.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Kamloops is 4-3-0 since the deadline, Blake Swetlikoff has 2-5-7 in 8 games, Cole Wadsworth is 0-1-1 in 8 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad