Satellite TV providers and MSG channels.....

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Hey, I have a question for those without cable. I am looking to drop cablevision and go with satellite. I know with cabelvision they can have up to 3-4 teams in the metro area playing on a given night, so there can be upwards of 3-4 msg broadcasts going on. Sometimes these broadcasts are on obscure channels, but they are broadcast so long as you can find the channel.

Those with satellite ( direct tv or dish ), how many broadcasts are available on nights when there are 3 or 4 teams playing? My concern is missing Ranger games if msg or msg2 are airing other teams ( ie, knicks and islanders ect.. )

What are your thoughts about satellite and msg channels?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Hey, I have a question for those without cable. I am looking to drop cablevision and go with satellite. I know with cabelvision they can have up to 3-4 teams in the metro area playing on a given night, so there can be upwards of 3-4 msg broadcasts going on. Sometimes these broadcasts are on obscure channels, but they are broadcast so long as you can find the channel.

Those with satellite ( direct tv or dish ), how many broadcasts are available on nights when there are 3 or 4 teams playing? My concern is missing Ranger games if msg or msg2 are airing other teams ( ie, knicks and islanders ect.. )

What are your thoughts about satellite and msg channels?

I think the only games you would miss would be games on the MSG 3 channel / MSG 2+, which isn't on the satellite carriers. Each of the teams has to small amount of games on that, but I don't know the exact number for the requirement. Hopefully for you, the alternate games will be national broadcasts anyway.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Can only speak for Directv, but you won't miss a game when all the teams are playing. MSG is 634 and MSG 2 is 635, when there is an overload of games Directv will add alternate channels something like 637-2 all in HD for the game's time period.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Can only speak for Directv, but you won't miss a game when all the teams are playing. MSG is 634 and MSG 2 is 635, when there is an overload of games Directv will add alternate channels something like 637-2 all in HD for the game's time period.

Direct TV MSG Channels:

634 - MSG (Main)
635 - MSG +
635-1 - MSG (Buffalo), the only thing is sub is used for is Sabres games.
635-2 - MSG +2 (overflow)
635-3 - MSG2 (overflow)

There will always been room even if all five of MSG's teams are playing at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad