GDT: Sat. Jan 19, 2013 | Senators at Jets | 3:00pm EST | CBC | Alfredsson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Holmes*

No doubt, best GDT of the season so far. You've outdone yourself, CH.

Setting my alarm for 3AM to watch this puppy.

How do you watch the games down there?

Looks like I'll be in the area for about a month and I need to know :)

John Holmes*

anything you can watch on an iPhone? I am out of the country and have brutally slow internet where I am.

If my NHL game center app from 2 years ago still works, at least I can catch the highlights after.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Well here we go:

nhllive_zps647c34bf.png

John Holmes*

I'll have to check that out. Mine is from the 2010-11 season and I'm pretty sure live streams don't work. Last time I looked the app cost $200.

Also can you unblur the CC info. THX.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
How do you watch the games down there?

Looks like I'll be in the area for about a month and I need to know :)

Streams. :( Once Bogor has full coverage for 4G, I'll switch over and buy Gamecenter.

Where about are you going to be? I assume Jakarta, unless you're on vacation, in which case Bali?

John Holmes*

Starting out in Singapore, not sure where I'll go after but Bali is definitely an option.

Thinking of spending a month or so in the area, and thought that Singapore would be a good start / finish point.

Just checked out: http://www.nhl.com/ice/mobile/devices.htm

No live games.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Starting out in Singapore, not sure where I'll go after but Bali is definitely an option.

Thinking of spending a month or so in the area, and thought that Singapore would be a good start / finish point.

No live games.

Well, you definitely should get good internet in Singapore.

If you're doing Bali, the whole Kuta (beach) scene is pretty overrated and not even close to as good as it's hyped. Also: most of the beaches in Denpasar/Kuta/Airport areas have major garbage issues. If you want to do some really great cultural sightseeing, head to Ubud. Lots of great Hindu temples, the old Palace is there, and the best suckling pig you'll ever eat. In fact, IF you do go to Bali, I know the number of a GREAT driver you can hire for $30/day. He knows the island like the back of his hand, but there's a chance he's already hired. PM me if you want his number so you can SMS him.

Other than Bali: Jakarta is in the middle of the worst flooding it's seen in 5 years, but if you make it there after the water recedes, it's probably the one city in the entire world where if you have enough money, you can do whatever you want. There is no limit. It can get pretty sketch from what I hear, though. Not for anyone who doesn't mind getting their elbows dirty in order to have a good time.

I can't imagine there's too many other places you'd want to go / that are well known internationally. If you're doing a "culture" trip, Yogyakarta is pretty great. Borobudur is there, it's a "can't miss" temple if that's your kind of thing.

General Granny*

Can't even believe they didn't give us a free trial of game centre live for a couple of weeks.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

No live games.

if you're in SE Asia, make sure to go to Vietnam. Spent about 10 days there back in December 2007, it was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad