Friedman: Saros linked to devils and canes

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
This one seems likely to be in the earliest stages of speculation fertilization. If something gets done on Saros, I think those negotiations are going to take a bit.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Makes a lot of sense for the Preds to deal Saros for some young offense now, which was also discussed on the latest 32 Thoughts podcast.

His value is probably at his highest now as the acquiring team gets 2 playoff runs at a relatively low cap hit and there are quite a few teams in need of a starting goalie.

Askarov looks like he's ready to take over the net at this point too, so completely makes sense to deal Saros versus extending him this offseason.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I would do Mercer for Saros

Makes a lot of sense for the Preds to deal Saros for some young offense now, which was also discussed on the latest 32 Thoughts podcast.

His value is probably at his highest now as the acquiring team gets 2 playoff runs at a relatively low cap hit and there are quite a few teams in need of a starting goalie.

Askarov looks like he's ready to take over the net at this point too, so completely makes sense to deal Saros versus extending him this offseason.

It's what I've been echoing for these teams with a goalie, the longer you wait the worse the potential return gets. It's similar to what we did with Palmieri, we waited a year too long in trading. Thank god for Lou for forking over a first but imagine if we traded him in 2020 as opposed to 2021.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
1708207552008.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Oneiro and Play

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
My predictions:

Saros to Carolina
Markstrom to New Jersey
Fleury to Colorado
Toronto and Edmonton run with what they have.
Am I forgetting anyone?

From what I've heard, Toronto is in the mix as well. Rumoured deal is Saros and Fabbro for Knies, 1st, Grebyonkin and Brodie. You heard it here first, folks.
And probably heard it here last too.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina’s goaltending has (evidently) quietly stabilized. Since the December 12th game against Ottawa, a demarcation point in their season, the Canes are 3rd in GA/G. Kochetkov (2.02/.925) is 6th in NST’s all situations GSAA in the sample. Even Raanta had a bounce back January (1.97/.908 on goofy shot volume after the new year). Add in Andersen on the mend and I don’t see the need to do anything really. Martin is fine for a spot start until the vets are back.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Of course Nashville fans want top end pieces. They won't get any though. They will get a collection of late 1sts, B prospects, etc.

And sure, I get the argument of "we won't trade for less." Fine, you won't get anything and you keep Saros.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
But does this rumor have any insiders from the Predator's fan forum backing it up?
Nah we don't really have that. We had a guy at one point with some inside knowledge on at least things that were going on around the locker room and such but I don't think we've seen him for a while. He was always a guy that popped in and out.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Lol still beating this drum about Necas for saros. Goalies don’t have that value, especially a guy putting up bottom tier starter numbers this year
If all it took was guy who is 0.44 ppg in the last 4 playoffs for Saros this deal would have already been made. Necas doesn't move the needle for the stanley cup. Saros actually can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad