Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sarnia takes Angus MacDonell. Centre.

From what I am reading from multiple reports, amazing skater, great 200 FT player, good vision & has great leadership skills.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Angus Macdonell

Here's a real good report on Angus. Sorta sounds like a Faster, more skilled McGregor when he was 16.

With Namestnikov's elite skill it'll be nice to have a reliable 2Way C who can play any situation & do it well behind him.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Angus Macdonell

Here's a real good report on Angus. Sorta sounds like a Faster, more skilled McGregor when he was 16.

With Namestnikov's elite skill it'll be nice to have a reliable 2Way C who can play any situation & do it well behind him.
Macdonell has unreal skill, and is lighting fast and plays a 200 foot game! Sounds good to me. 2nd pick in Lalkin has unreal hands and simply just knows how to score goals! I’m happy with both picks. I hope we take a defenceman in round 3 and a defenceman in the import draft!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Voit, Geci, Dann, Namestnikov, MacDonell, Lalkin. Talk about some skill up front. And speed. Alot of it

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sting take Alex Daviault. Offensive Dman. First one is a little video i made. He oozes confidence with the puck. Makes it look easy.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
They do have ~
McIntyre - 6'4"
Filak - 6'2"
Geci - 6'2"
O'Donnell - 6'0"

But yah could use some size for sure. Especially one with some snarl. Good thing is from what u hear Dann, Namestnikov, MacDonell, Lalkin all play a fearless game.

Would also love if they could find another Mast type guys on day 2. Stay at home, physical Dman.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
They do have ~
McIntyre - 6'4"
Filak - 6'2"
Geci - 6'2"
O'Donnell - 6'0"

I think mast is more of a two way dman.
But yah could use some size for sure. Especially one with some snarl. Good thing is from what u hear Dann, Namestnikov, MacDonell, Lalkin all play a fearless game.

Would also love if they could find another Mast type guys on day 2. Stay at home, physical Dman.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Watching a bit of MacDonell & i said he sounded like McGregor but watching him he's alot more like Rymsha.

Plays all situations, great in front of the net, down low & is a complete pain in the ass. Just in the few games I've seen he's thrown big hits & gone at it multiple times with opposing Dmen. Not sure he will ever be a crazy point producer tho.

Lalkin is ridiculous. Every shift he's making someone miss. Very Rees like in how deadly his hands are but I'd say he is a better skater than Rees was at 15. Has a laser shot to go with the hands..

Reports say as the season went on he became a reliable 2Way player, too which is always nice.

Daviault will definitely be running are powerplay for years to come. So smooth with the puck. Skates it up with such ease & delivers crisp passes all over the ice.

He will definitely need to add some strength & get a bit meaner in his own end. He has an active stick but doesn't use the body enough.

All in all, I'd say a solid opening 3 rounds. Alot of speed & skill with all 3 guys + MacDonell's nastiness will be a welcomed addition.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sarnia takes Gabe Perreault. Jacob's younger brother in round 5. Committed to US team for the next 2 seasons

So the hope would be 2 yr in US then he comes. If so huge steal for the team..

So much for adding Dmen also lol. 1 taken first 5 picks.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sarnia takes Gabe Perreault. Jacob's younger brother in round 5. Committed to US team for the next 2 seasons

So the hope would be 2 yr in US then he comes. If so huge steal for the team..

So much for adding Dmen also lol. 1 taken first 5 picks.
He could very well leave the US program before the season starts or after his first year. Lot of players do that

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Exactly, I can see him leaving the US program personally
I’m sure him and his dad would let the sting know if he was going to stay in the states. That way they could of picked him much quicker or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad