Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Gotta wait to see what the pick becomes before saying it's terrible. Could become a 3rd or 4th.

But as mentioned so unfortunate. Was easily the surprise player of 2019. Was really excited to see if he could follow it up last season.

He'll do good for them. Just tells you the team views Supryka just slightly ahead of Nolet. So with that the D is probably set

Reesor-Surpyka
Malyavin-Mast
Daviault-Dillingham
Eveleigh
Sounds like if conditions are met then it'll end up in the 6th/7th round range. Single pick

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Gotta wait to see what the pick becomes before saying it's terrible. Could become a 3rd or 4th.

But as mentioned so unfortunate. Was easily the surprise player of 2019. Was really excited to see if he could follow it up last season.

He'll do good for them. Just tells you the team views Supryka just slightly ahead of Nolet. So with that the D is probably set

Reesor-Surpyka
Malyavin-Mast
Daviault-Dillingham
Eveleigh
Dont think Nagra will be in the lineup or will he be left off the roster?

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

There goes Langevin. Always liked him. Was such a hard worker. Not sure a goalie got a string of worse defensive teams than him in recent memory for us.

Be Gaudreau & Thornton for the next 2 seasons in net.

Such a hard worker, he was a lot better than the stats showed… kept the sting from getting blown out in a lot of games. He will be getting paid to play for the Corvairs.

Reactions: Sportnut18

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Good luck langer. Playing in Caledonia is the next best thing to playing in the OHL. Players are well taken care of that sign there. Very well taken care of…lol.

Reactions: Sportnut18

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
So with today's OA moves that locks up Reesor, Supryka & Guy as the 3 OAs. Would not be surprised if Guy is named Captain.

My lines would probably go as:

Voit-Geci-Dann
O'Donnell-Namestnikov-Guy
Hill-Filak-McIntyre
Lalkin-MacDonell-Rae

Reesor-Malyavin
Mast-Supryka
Daviault-Dillingham
Eveleigh

Gaudreau
Thornton

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
So with today's OA moves that locks up Reesor, Supryka & Guy as the 3 OAs. Would not be surprised if Guy is named Captain.

My lines would probably go as:

Voit-Geci-Dann
O'Donnell-Namestnikov-Guy
Hill-Filak-McIntyre
Lalkin-MacDonell-Rae

Reesor-Malyavin
Mast-Supryka
Daviault-Dillingham
Eveleigh

Gaudreau
Thornton
As for alot of teams a ton of inexperience. Especially down the middle where we could have 0 games played from all 4 guys combined.

8 of 12 Fs will be rookies. As we've already talked about defence & goaltending will be the teams strength. While disappointed Perreault won't be back i am still quite excited to see this team. Ton of talent.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Really hope the forwards find a way to score consistently. That top 4 D pairings and Benny in net could be one of the best combos league wide. Just sucks losing a potential 50 goal scorer in Perreault. Huge hit for the forward group.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Nolan Dann invited to the Arizona Coyotes rookie camp. Definitely would have been drafted had their been an OHL season.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

The door may be open but it's inches from being shut completely. Jacob was very productive playing in the AHL. I could see him coming back if he was in and out of the line up and not putting up points. He scored 17 points in 27 games at age 18/19 so if he's allowed to be with San Diego then the Ducks would be stupid to send him back to junior. This is another case of the Sting curse where we lose out on another high end player we all thought we would see back and dominate the league.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Article mentions Thorton being invited to Coyotes camp and Supryka to LA's. Good to see that as well.

Reactions: The Howler

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
The door may be open but it's inches from being shut completely. Jacob was very productive playing in the AHL. I could see him coming back if he was in and out of the line up and not putting up points. He scored 17 points in 27 games at age 18/19 so if he's allowed to be with San Diego then the Ducks would be stupid to send him back to junior. This is another case of the Sting curse where we lose out on another high end player we all thought we would see back and dominate the league.

Good for him though.Usually it's the top of the draft players that stay for a cup of coffee.He was drafted #19.Great job by our scouting staff at draft time.

Reactions: HockeyPops

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Perreault would've easily finished top-2 in franchise history for goals. Only needed 43 for 2nd which he probably would've got last season (had there been one)

Needed 96 to become #1. That woulda been tough especially if he made world junior teams but he definitely coulda pushed for it.

Arguably the best 1st rounder in the last 10+ years just because they somehow got him so late in the round. Shame we miss out on the best years of a true star player yet again.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
How do you think our GM handled our OA stuation ?

I think he kept the right 3 guys. I also believe we should have and would have gotten more for Nolet if there was a season last year. I also think Langevin would have been traded last year as well instead of just letting him go to sign in Caledonia. Seca's hands were tied this off season.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I think he kept the right 3 guys. I also believe we should have and would have gotten more for Nolet if there was a season last year. I also think Langevin would have been traded last year as well instead of just letting him go to sign in Caledonia. Seca's hands were tied this off season.
Does Degurse not count as an OA he turns 20 OCT 8 which is are home opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad