Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
congrats on a new thread... 5th fastest to get a second lol. I agree, Voit must be extremely frustrated. Same with Gaudreau. Gaudreau looks frustrated and its only been 6 games. This is gonna be a long year for him. I hope his team doesn't effect his world junior hope. Voit is so talented ... to be a more than ppg guy on this team (so far) is impressive. Sting need to trade him and Gaudreau for a kings ransom. Much like what Ottawa got from us. In my opinion, Guelph is a player and goalie away from being really really good.

HkyBeegs3

Mar 18, 2009
Sarnia
Prior to the sting , what was Letangs last coaching gig? Also, I never watched the game last night just caught some of it on the radio, were the sting completely outplayed or are they just outclassed? Do you just feel like it's because they're playing a london team that's clearly just on another level from any other team. Are we talking making major trades already. Any updates on injuries?

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Prior to the sting , what was Letangs last coaching gig? Also, I never watched the game last night just caught some of it on the radio, were the sting completely outplayed or are they just outclassed? Do you just feel like it's because they're playing a london team that's clearly just on another level from any other team. Are we talking making major trades already. Any updates on injuries?
Out played in the first, other two periods they competed. But they are out classed by the knights.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well Owen Sound has been playing arguably worse than us to this point so we best come out with some fire tonight. Gotta end this skid.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
It's pretty evident they just aren't good enough. Don't agree with a few of Letang's decisions but he doesn't trust 90% of the lineup.

I still have hopes for Filak, McIntyre, Namestnikov, Lalkin etc but clearly at times they are overwhelmed. We have to have a top 3 youngest F group & it really shows.

2 of are 3 OAs haven't been good. Special teams are crippling us which coincides with having an extremely young F unit.

It's incredibly frustrating, annoying, disappointing to once again be below average. Just gotta hope they take all these lessons & can have a quick turnaround for next year. They BETTER sell tho. Not hold onto these guys. Deal Guy, Reesor, Thornton, Supryka (if anyone wants him)

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
It's pretty evident they just aren't good enough. Don't agree with a few of Letang's decisions but he doesn't trust 90% of the lineup.

I still have hopes for Filak, McIntyre, Namestnikov, Lalkin etc but clearly at times they are overwhelmed. We have to have a top 3 youngest F group & it really shows.

2 of are 3 OAs haven't been good. Special teams are crippling us which coincides with having an extremely young F unit.

It's incredibly frustrating, annoying, disappointing to once again be below average. Just gotta hope they take all these lessons & can have a quick turnaround for next year. They BETTER sell tho. Not hold onto these guys. Deal Guy, Reesor, Thornton, Supryka (if anyone wants him)
Yep lots of learning to do, we have such young forwards and our older forwards just aren’t that good they are average at best, in this league your older forwards should almost always be your best forwards. Letang definitely needs to do some serious coaching with these young guys. And yes need to sell this year for sure.

Sportnut18

Apr 27, 2021
You are only as good as your weakest link. Difficult for the vets to be better when 75% of the team are rookies. Add to that but they still have not figured out the proper lines and positions.

HkyBeegs3

Mar 18, 2009
Sarnia
Who is Sarnia's General Manager?No one's talking about the gm much. A lot of talk around Letang but really he can only coach what he's got and by the looks of it it ain't much at the moment. Seems like if your team is 75% rookies like another poster stated, you'd want to insulate them with quality 19-20 years olds. I mean I'm no gm but common sense says. Our captain has 2 goals so far, not nearly good enough and Supryka is a minus 6 .

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Who is Sarnia's General Manager?No one's talking about the gm much. A lot of talk around Letang but really he can only coach what he's got and by the looks of it it ain't much at the moment. Seems like if your team is 75% rookies like another poster stated, you'd want to insulate them with quality 19-20 years olds. I mean I'm no gm but common sense says. Our captain has 2 goals so far, not nearly good enough and Supryka is a minus 6 .
GM is new I believe it was his first draft this summer so he didn’t draft the older guys. Not sure if trading for better 19 and 20 year olds is wise. They are in a sell mode. And need to keep there picks and bring more in.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sarnia has absolutely no choice but to be sellers this year. The only problem is that the guys they will likely try to trade won’t fetch much. I just don’t see a scenario where they trade Gaudreau and he’d be the one player that we would actually get a big return. Sarnia has only 2 picks in the first 5 rounds for the 2023 draft as of right now. They have a pick for each round next year but if this team was to try and contend next year, they would need a cupboard full of extra picks to work with for some trades.

I get that it’s still early on but the ugliness of this team is just so hard to see beyond at the moment. If we are going to be like this then the guys who won’t be around next year need to be on their way out this year to help gather picks. I really don’t care at this point if someone like Guy only brings back a 4th round pick. Better than nothing. Trade Supryka to the Knights. The Hunters will turn him around no problem.

Hnddg

Oct 6, 2021
Interesting that Defense was supposed to be a strong point- so they release Degurse who had offensive capabilities and the defense is the Achilles heel- I think they should have let the overage situation play itself out !

HkyBeegs3

Mar 18, 2009
Sarnia
Interesting that Defense was supposed to be a strong point- so they release Degurse who had offensive capabilities and the defense is the Achilles heel- I think they should have let the overage situation play itself out !
Is\was the Stings defense suppose to be a strong point? Who predicted that?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Is\was the Stings defense suppose to be a strong point? Who predicted that?

I think most of us did lol. On paper, going into the season it looked like goaltending and defense would be our strongest assets. We were right on the goaltending lol. Reesor and Mast have been great. No one thought Supryka would turn into a massive liability and Malyavin doesn't play enough for him to be effective. That should be a really really strong top 4.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I think most of us did lol. On paper, going into the season it looked like goaltending and defense would be our strongest assets. We were right on the goaltending lol. Reesor and Mast have been great. No one thought Supryka would turn into a massive liability and Malyavin doesn't play enough for him to be effective. That should be a really really strong top 4.

shocked that namesnakov has had zero impact so far, he looked like the best 04 in the draft when he was playing in windsor

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Namestnikov has no idea how to use his linemates. Until he drops the solo hero persona, he will be of limited use.

Reactions: Ferda11

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Maybe coach Letang needs better assistants to help him out.The team is young & he can't coach the team by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad