2 Ang
3 Pezzetta
4 Rymsha
5 Kyrou
6 Sproviero
7 Dineen
8 Eliot
9 Calvas

Who goes pro ? Who are the OA's ? And who stays in the O and gets traded ?

It would be great for the Sting to re coup a bunch of draft picks dealing some of these OA's.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
1 Salinitri - Sting
2 Ang - AHL
3 Pezzetta - AHL
4 Rymsha - Sting
5 Kyrou - NHL/AHL
6 Sproviero - Sting
7 Dineen - AHL
8 Eliot - Sting
9 Calvas - Sting

I can see Eliot, Sproviero and Rymsha being the 3 OA's. I think Salintri brings the highest return in a trade which Sarnia needs to recoup 2nds and 3rds. Calvas should haul in a decent return as experienced D seem to be lacking.

Eliot, to me is the best d-man on this team and will be a top one in the league. Rymsha could be this teams Captain. Sproviero is the heart and soul of this team and his work ethic is unmatched.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
1 Salinitri - Sting
2 Ang - AHL
3 Pezzetta - AHL
4 Rymsha - Sting
5 Kyrou - NHL/AHL
6 Sproviero - Sting
7 Dineen - AHL
8 Eliot - Sting
9 Calvas - Sting

I can see Eliot, Sproviero and Rymsha being the 3 OA's. I think Salintri brings the highest return in a trade which Sarnia needs to recoup 2nds and 3rds. Calvas should haul in a decent return as experienced D seem to be lacking.

Eliot, to me is the best d-man on this team and will be a top one in the league. Rymsha could be this teams Captain. Sproviero is the heart and soul of this team and his work ethic is unmatched.

Rymsha would have a much higher trade value than Salinitri I think. Rymsha is a C (probably the best face-off guy in the league next year) while Salinitri is a winger and Rymsha put up 15 more points in only 1 more game last year. Rymsha is the guy I want the Gens to target for an OA spot

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Rymsha would have a much higher trade value than Salinitri I think. Rymsha is a C (probably the best face-off guy in the league next year) while Salinitri is a winger and Rymsha put up 15 more points in only 1 more game last year. Rymsha is the guy I want the Gens to target for an OA spot

Points can be deceiving. Rymsha played along side Kyrou all year and had substantial PP time. Salinitri did not. Either way one of the 2 will be dealt.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Points can be deceiving. Rymsha played along side Kyrou all year and had substantial PP time. Salinitri did not. Either way one of the 2 will be dealt.

True. I think the centre vs winger thing matters a lot though, especially how dominant Rymsha is in the circle

Reactions: The Howler

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
1 Salinitri - Sting
2 Ang - AHL
3 Pezzetta - AHL
4 Rymsha - Sting
5 Kyrou - NHL/AHL
6 Sproviero - Sting
7 Dineen - AHL
8 Eliot - Sting
9 Calvas - Sting

Totally agree about Franco . He is the heart and soul of the team and management should strongly consider making him the Captain this season.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
So Sting fans the list of the 98's are -

1 Salinitri
2 Ang
3 Pezzetta
4 Rymsha
5 Kyrou
6 Sproviero
7 Dineen
8 Eliot
9 Calvas

Who goes pro ? Who are the OA's ? And who stays in the O and gets traded ?

It would be great for the Sting to re coup a bunch of draft picks dealing some of these OA's.

I think the only lock on the Sting for this season is Eliot. As for the other 2 O/A's, I think it will come down to who we have at camp. Are we going to have any of the recent NHL draft picks show up. If no recent NHL draft pick shows up this year, then I would believe Calvas is also a lock. As for the last spot, as everyone has said, it will most likely be between Rymsha, Salinitri, and Franco. Rymsha will get the best return on a trade. Plus, he will be the most desirable. Also, I wouldn't mind him being traded. I think Franco should be a must too, leaving Salinitri to be traded as well.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I think the only lock on the Sting for this season is Eliot. As for the other 2 O/A's, I think it will come down to who we have at camp. Are we going to have any of the recent NHL draft picks show up. If no recent NHL draft pick shows up this year, then I would believe Calvas is also a lock. As for the last spot, as everyone has said, it will most likely be between Rymsha, Salinitri, and Franco. Rymsha will get the best return on a trade. Plus, he will be the most desirable. Also, I wouldn't mind him being traded. I think Franco should be a must too, leaving Salinitri to be traded as well.
I would think there might be some interest for Salinitri to play at home in Windsor. Windsor would not offer much in a rebuild year so don't see it happening unless he asked for this trade and Sarina lets him go for a low draft pick.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I would think there might be some interest for Salinitri to play at home in Windsor. Windsor would not offer much in a rebuild year so don't see it happening unless he asked for this trade and Sarina lets him go for a low draft pick.

After emptying the cupboard last year, Sarnia can't afford to let him go for a low draft pick

0 2nds over the next 4 drafts
0 3rds over the next 3 drafts

Last edited:

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
IMO, they have Grima, Hatcher, Hogue, Kammerer and Jake from last year. Add Eliot and why would you keep Calvas. I know he got pretty decent last year but it’s him or Eliot, and I’d have to go with the latter

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I’m not holding my breath on US picks. With Ottawa Sens drafting Tkachuk as high as they did, it affirms for the prospects that they can get drafted high out of US colleges, even though they play a really short season compared to OHL.
Only hope is that Hatcher gains Hunter-like reputation where drafting teams ask the young gentlemen to play in the ohl to get better development

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
IMO, they have Grima, Hatcher, Hogue, Kammerer and Jake from last year. Add Eliot and why would you keep Calvas. I know he got pretty decent last year but it’s him or Eliot, and I’d have to go with the latter

Exactly why I believe if we don't see Hughes or Samuelsson at camp, that both Eliot and Calvas will be on the team this year unless Hogue, Grima or Reesor stand out in camp that they can handle being in the top 4.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Perhaps they keep 4 OA’s and dress 3 per game until the best available offer comes in? Can have 4 on roster until January - surely some of the other teams will have defined their target OA’s before then. I’d really like to see them hang on to Salinitri, who I believe is, after Sproviero, the heart and soul of the team, and a captain candidate.
Will also know a month or two into the season how Hughes performs as a starter. If that doesn’t work out, we might see a bigger sell off to recoup draft picks and go for it in 2 years...
Is McGregor a captain candidate? Quiet sort of guy but absolutely the ultimate teammate on the ice, and never acts like an idiot. He was the key to Josling and Hugo’s excellent seasons last year.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
2018 roster projections and line combos, and predictions where the team will finish?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
2018 roster projections and line combos, and predictions where the team will finish?

Tough task with so much uncertainty, but I'll take a stab.

Ruzicka - Rymsha - Sproviero
Hugo - McGregor - Josling
Guy - Rees - Perreault
Egert - McCombs - Burke

Eliot - Kammerer
Grima - Hatcher
Hogue - Jakovljevic/Dillingham-Morelli

Hughes
Langevin

I think the team finishes 6th or 7th and out in 1st rd playoffs.

I got all OA's turning pro except for Calvas and Salinitri being traded.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
He signed with MTL so he won’t be back
Dude, you go around to every team's threads posting that kids have signed NHL contracts so they won't be back as if it's guaranteed fact but every year there are OA's who are signed playing in the league. Last year Flint alone had TWO signed OA's returned to them. I don't have time to check every team's OA's and their contract status but I'm sure there was at least one other. Unlikely? Yes, but it happens. Every year.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I think Rees and Kammerer are going to be standout players, especially Rees he looks a lot bigger that he did last season... I also think guy and hogue will have better years...hopefully jako worked on his foot speed over the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad