Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Good hard battle, gunna be a hard series , sarnia is hustling hard at both ends of the ice and is hitting a lot, if sarnia plays like this the entire series it dont matter if the series go 4 games or 7.. the spirit will be worn out and banged up.... we really miss playoff performer veteran josling in our top 6 . /QUOTE]

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Good hard battle, gunna be a hard series , sarnia is hustling hard at both ends of the ice and is hitting a lot, if sarnia plays like this the entire series it dont matter of the series go 4 games or 7.. the spirit will be worn out and banged up
That is a true picture of the game, I was there and except for 3 minutes in the 2nd period we would likely have won .

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
That is a true picture of the game, I was there and except for 3 minutes in the 2nd period we would likely have won .
This playoff year is all about the younger guys learning what playoff hockey is all about.
Last night’s lesson is that you can’t take your foot off the gas pedal for even 3 minutes.
Saggy fan said to me when leaving the washroom after one period - “you guys really came to play tonight”. My response - “lots of hockey left...”. Guess that came true all too fast!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
This playoff year is all about the younger guys learning what playoff hockey is all about.
Last night’s lesson is that you can’t take your foot off the gas pedal for even 3 minutes.
Saggy fan said to me when leaving the washroom after one period - “you guys really came to play tonight”. My response - “lots of hockey left...”. Guess that came true all too fast!
But all in all, for 90% of the game they more than hung in there with a veteran team that went all in at the deadline, which is good moving forward

Casablancas

Nov 5, 2018
Stockholm
I honestly think Sarnia has a good chance to win this series. It's gonna be difficult but if they play like they did last night and keep away from the god damn penalty box I think they have a real good shot. If guys like Egert, Guy and Martin step up they've got 3 decent lines.

Reactions: The Howler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The sting need a couple massive open ice hits by hatcher in the next game, to get the spirit worried about skating through the neutral zone or entering sarnias end

Reactions: Lumberking

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
The sting need a couple massive open ice hits by hatcher in the next game, to get the spirit worried about skating through the neutral zone or entering sarnias end
I think they need to have defence play defence.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I honestly think Sarnia has a good chance to win this series. It's gonna be difficult but if they play like they did last night and keep away from the god damn penalty box I think they have a real good shot. If guys like Egert, Guy and Martin step up they've got 3 decent lines.
never mind Egert, what about Rees? Was he even there? Franco played a good antagonising game. Their line played well.. just need the goalie to make a key save... (cut some slack, rookie in first big game) and the defence to play defence. we had no response for the 1 and a half minutes that we were under siege. great time for a time out....best move by hatcher all year

Reactions: Casablancas

Casablancas

Nov 5, 2018
Stockholm
never mind Egert, what about Rees? Was he even there? Franco played a good antagonising game. Their line played well.. just need the goalie to make a key save... (cut some slack, rookie in first big game) and the defence to play defence. we had no response for the 1 and a half minutes that we were under siege. great time for a time out....best move by hatcher all year

Fair enough. In my eyes Rees has a lot to prove in still but what I meant was that Sarnia can't rely too much on Leufvenius, McGregor, Sproviero etc. they need at least the third line to step up as well otherwise winning a play off series is near impossible.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I think they need to have defence play defence.
What does laying a crushing open ice hit (like hatcher does frequently) have to do with not playing defence, very rare that he misses a guy going for an open ice hit, and I guarantee the player hit plays more cautiously after

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
What does laying a crushing open ice hit (like hatcher does frequently) have to do with not playing defence, very rare that he misses a guy going for an open ice hit, and I guarantee the player hit plays more cautiously after
they other players on the line scoot behind and score...

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Fair enough. In my eyes Rees has a lot to prove in still but what I meant was that Sarnia can't rely too much on Leufvenius, McGregor, Sproviero etc. they need at least the third line to step up as well otherwise winning a play off series is near impossible.
totally agree...it is the ones who other banter about as the next gift

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
they other players on the line scoot behind and score...
Usually our other dman or centre pick up the puck and it goes back the other way, I’ve personally never seen a team score after one of hatchers hits

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

The last time Hatcher went for the big open ice hit against Saginaw he got dangled out of his jock by Perfetti and wound up on a highlight reel. Had he just played normal defense he wouldn't have left Lamour 1 on 1 to get scored on. That's what he means.

Reactions: dansk55 and Jim1579

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The last time Hatcher went for the big open ice hit against Saginaw he got dangled out of his jock by Perfetti and wound up on a highlight reel. Had he just played normal defense he wouldn't have left Lamour 1 on 1 to get scored on. That's what he means.
And how many guys has he lit up? And a few missed a couple shifts or left the game

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Can we get a real coach please......He seems disengaged and the power play is god awful and was god awful last year. Also the team is horrible on defence which I thought would be a strong suit with him behind the bench, guess not. He's going to step down sometime soon, if not this offseason then 100% next off season. Sarnia will always be at a disadvantage with him behind the bench. Bring in a coach who will put in the time and effort needed.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Nothing to take from tonight's game other than Langevin was amazing. Unfortunate the team couldn't match his level of effort for the full 60. See if they can get back in it Tuesday

Reactions: dansk55

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The scoresheet says that Sproviero received an instigator and fighting major with 13 seconds left in the 3rd. But there's no coincidental fighting major assigned to a Saginaw player. What happened? Did Sproviero drop the gloves and pound on a Spirit player who didn't fight back?

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
And how many guys has he lit up? And a few missed a couple shifts or left the game
Darien, I mean robp, i know you are impressed, like he is your son but if you watched the game tonight you would see how bad it was defensively... a few good hits has not slowed the spirit. I feel sorry for our goalies... our defence is horrid

Reactions: bcspragu

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Nothing to take from tonight's game other than Langevin was amazing. Unfortunate the team couldn't match his level of effort for the full 60. See if they can get back in it Tuesday
Langevin needs to poke check... three dekes, three goals.. all same spot

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Darien, I mean robp, i know you are impressed, like he is your son but if you watched the game tonight you would see how bad it was defensively... a few good hits has not slowed the spirit. I feel sorry for our goalies... our defence is horrid
Ok this is a VETERAN team that has bought hard at the deadline, what did we do at the deadline? Slightly sell? Ya thats right..., so if we sit back and LET them enter our zone , how is that going to change things? PLEASE answer..... please

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Dansk55, not only is he a great defenceman but he’s a great goaltender from wayyy up in the stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad