Signing(s): Saquon Barkley signs with the Eagles (3 years, $37.75 million)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
that's a lot of money for a guy who can't stay healthy. but can't fault philly for going all in
I don’t think they see it as all-in but probably should.

Let’s see what the numbers are.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saquon’s gonna be able to play behind a line who can get him to the second level though now.

Reactions: klingsor

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Saquon’s gonna be able to play behind a line who can get him to the second level though now.
See how he does, when he's not 100% of the Offense. Have the OL and other weapons.
But, I am surprised he got up to $13 mill average for the 2 years in guaranteed money. Figured it would be $10-11 mill per average.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
See how he does, when he's not 100% of the Offense. Have the OL and other weapons.
But, I am surprised he got up to $13 mill average for the 2 years in guaranteed money. Figured it would be $10-11 mill per average.
It’s about what I expected I think.

If it doesn’t work in these 2 years, the Eagles likely burn everything down and run into the woods anyways.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Saquon gets so much respect for a player who’s rarely ever good
Playing on a piss poor Giants team, he has put up seasons of 2028, 1441, 1650 and 1242 yScm.

While he is obviously injury prone (most, if not all RBs are) - he is also one of the most explosive RBs in the league with a 3-down profile.

Behind the Eagles line, with the threat of Hurts running or passing to AJB/Smith, he should absolutely feast.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s about what I expected I think.

If it doesn’t work in these 2 years, the Eagles likely burn everything down and run into the woods anyways.
NFL isn't hockey, so long as you can nail a draft with 3-4 players.

I mean, they are going to be nearing the end for the likes of Graham, Johnson OT, have to eat dead money on those 2 old CB, but things turn around quickly if you draft well. Rams without a first nailed their 2023 draft. Got a OG, OT, WR, DE, RB.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Haven't followed this specific issue and while Tiki is always a clown, he was far better RB than Barkley

Barkley honestly has been one of the most overrated players in league for a while now

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tiki is a clown
Why should there be any loyalty in football? You go and get paid. He played the 5th year option and then got tagged. Why stick around with a team with no QB? Plus, that's the worst surface to play on. His ACL tear was in Chicago on grass, but that's a lot of wear on tear on those legs on that horrific field.

A lot of players get signed by divisional rivals as they seen the player the most plus know their game very well vs a team that rarely sees the player.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Why should there be any loyalty in football? You go and get paid. He played the 5th year option and then got tagged. Why stick around with a team with no QB? Plus, that's the worst surface to play on. His ACL tear was in Chicago on grass, but that's a lot of wear on tear on those legs on that horrific field.

A lot of players get signed by divisional rivals as they seen the player the most plus know their game very well vs a team that rarely sees the player.
I have no issue with a player going out and getting theirs.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
As a Giants fan, I’m absolutely thrilled to see Barkley gone. I’m even more excited to know that it’s a division rival wasting $12M+ a year on him. And the best part is that NY will get a compensatory pick from it.

Aside from his propensity for sitting out games whenever he’s slightly nicked up, Barkley is a ridiculously soft player when he does get in the field.

He’s built like a tank, but you’ll never see him drop his shoulder and take on a defender.

Terrible, TERRIBLE, waste of money by the Eagles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad