#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
SAP Center to Implement Clear Bag Policy Effective July 1

cut.jpg

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
This is nothing but a money saving move, so that the line moves faster and they spend less time paying people to work the lines.

Every year gets worse at the tank. Glad this is likely my last year as a STH.

I'm gonna bring a big jacket with lots of big pockets.

Reactions: McDeez

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Same size as NFL stadium bags. (I do have the Sharks' logo'd one I had to get for the outdoor game.)

I use one to go into TMobile. Usually a quick perusal in the security line. (I nearly burst out laughing when one security guy actually got the tape measure out to check the size.)

Reactions: Mafoofoo

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
More security theater without actually making it better how fun.

Next thing you know we'll be Levi's Stadium.

"Oh you wanted to get in before the end of the 1st Quarter? Too bad! Go wait in this 90 minute security line because chances are one of you might be a terrorist!"

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Next thing you know we'll be Levi's Stadium.

"Oh you wanted to get in before the end of the 1st Quarter?" Too bad! Go wait in this 90 minute security line because chances are one of you might be a terrorist!"

I don't exactly agree with the point of "losing freedoms" or whatever, but without evidence to show that these policies actually do anything or stop anything from happening, they're just a pointless and inefficient PR stunt.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I haven't heard they are changing allowing outside food and sealed containers in.

It's security and timely entry.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
Heh, the first time I had to use a clear bag was at the Foster Farms bowl at Levis a few years ago. we had a bunch of extra chicken we'd grilled while tailgating, so we asked a couple of the guest services people if it was ok to bring it in. Their response was along the lines of "if it's in a clear bag it's all good!" They then handed us a couple of gallon ziplocs that we proceeded to fill with chicken, and our new tradition was born. I shall be bringing some chicken into a Sharks game next year, I think.

Reactions: slocal

Evilmotherinlaw

May 3, 2017
I had a problem with this policy as I am a woman, and we do have our monthly issues. Hence, during my first clear bag experience at Candlestick during the 49er days, I filled my clear bag with two boxes of tampons. That's about 200 tampons. I got through security VERY QUICKLY.

You cannot fight the system, and the clear bag one is not something I quite understand. However, there is no big pocket policy so ...

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Talked to my STH rep about this because I have to bring and keep work materials with me to the game. Unsurprisingly this is a league mandated change from the NHL. This would cost me an additional ~$150 to store my stuff for weekday games throughout the regular season. Nevermind the fact that I don't trust management with watching my stuff at bag check in because it's a risk to my job, the $5 per game supposedly includes a "complimentary" clear bag to use in the future instead of storing your stuff, but there's no way I can bring work materials to the office with any sort of clear bag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad