Confirmed with Link: Sanford traded

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I always liked Sanford and thought he was put in the doghouse too often by the fans.

But I'm good with this trade. Maybe he needs a new team to kick him to the next level. He seems to have stagnated.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Thanks! Is he physical and how's his speed?
His speed is okay. For a big kid he can cover lots of ground with a few strides. His best work will not be in transition or entry into the zone, but down around the goal. His body and decent skating skills can make him a threat there. Plus, he does have very good hands. His one problem is he can get knocked off the puck too easy. Hopefully, he is working on that.

Reactions: Liver King

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Isn’t Brown small, weak and not physical? Or am I thinking of somebody else

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Someone else. Logan Brown is tall but has issues using his body and skating. More so on the skating side. Plus skill though and he's tall so he's very attractive at first glance. Thanks for the scouting report on Sanford, but I get the sense he's pretty hated amongst certain posters.

Reactions: Mike Liut

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

2 of the 3.
He's actually massive at 6'6" 220lbs; but he plays like a small finesse player and has had some trouble with injuries.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Sanford is a better player than Brown IMO.

This is a deal for the Blues to become cap compliant. If Sanford takes off in Ottawa, we can all blame Tarasenko for screwing up the payroll.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Someone else. Logan Brown is tall but has issues using his body and skating. More so on the skating side. Plus skill though and he's tall so he's very attractive at first glance. Thanks for the scouting report on Sanford, but I get the sense he's pretty hated amongst certain posters.
Too streaky for my liking and his bonehead plays are worrisome.

When he is zone he can score hattrick just like that and then don't produce single point in 15 games.

He is capable playing PK too. Really powerful on corners and can play good possession game.

Underrated and overrated.

But this should be easy win for Sens now and long run.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Question for the Board
Where does Brown rank on our Prospect list?

Personally, I have a hard time putting him above Kostin or Perunovich but could probably be convinced to put him above Bolduc and Neighbours.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I get this move. Many of us saw it coming. I do wish we were getting a better return. Getting a less developed version of Sanford who is 50/50 or less to ever carve a meaningful NHL career isn't much. The 4th doesn't help much either. If we do manage to trade Tarasenko for a LD like most of us want, we may wish we had another top 9 guy lying around. At that point we'd go from...

Perron-RoR Buchevich
Saad - Schenn - Tarasenko
Sanford - Thomas - Kyrou
Sunny - Barby - Bozie

To

Perron - ROR - Buch
Saad - Schenn - Kyrou
Sunny- Thomas -Bozak
Brown - Barby - Clifford

It does open a lane for Kostin or Neighbours to make an impact in camp and secure a role. If Kostin plays like a 3rd liner, that erases all of my worries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad