Confirmed with Link: Sanford agrees to one-year contract (2m)

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
It was playing with Tarasenko brought him down.
I don't know how much was Tarasenko's play bringing him down vs Tarasenko joining his line mid-slump. But it is staggering how bad Schenn was when he played with Tarasenko last year. They played 197 minutes together at 5 on 5. Schenn had 1 point (an assist). That's remarkable.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I don't know how much was Tarasenko's play bringing him down vs Tarasenko joining his line mid-slump. But it is staggering how bad Schenn was when he played with Tarasenko last year. They played 197 minutes together at 5 on 5. Schenn had 1 point (an assist). That's remarkable.
yeah, he was BAD before Vladi came back. dunno if he was sick or injured but his skating was really labored and he looked "tired" all the time

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
He's fine as our starting 3LW - we can address the spot nearer the TDL using him as a salary dump to balance or as a sweetener if he's regained any value.

Kostin and Sanford should compete for this spot, hopefully Kostin grabs it. Either way, it's shaping up to look like our 3rd line is something like:

???-Thomas-Kyrou

That LW spot can be Sanford, Kostin, or possibly a healthy Sundqvist. This should be a matchup nightmare for most teams, even if Thomas/Kyrou are carrying someone on the other side. The real key for that LW spot is to be defensively responsible and allow Thomas and Kyrou to do their thing. The quintessential unheralded grinder/mucker type. If Sanford or Kostin can carve out a spot on that line with that mentality, I think that line is going to do MAJOR damage.

Sanford is wildly inconsistent on defence and gets lost in dreamland on plays every so often. He's not a good fit for that spot. He's great when he has energy, but that's only about 15% of the time.

Reactions: BlueOil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad