San Jose Sharks release their 3rd jersey

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Not speaking on this jersey in particular but I find the little phrases on the rear neck part of the jersey to be kind of corny. Just an opinion

Reactions: pucky

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
With their color scheme I feel the sharks could have done so much. Instead they opted out for boring black practice looking jerseys. Where is the creativity if youre not going to steal something thats been done before?

Reactions: pucky

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
That is sick. The numbers better be teal.

Do you think that after this monstrosity of terrible jersey design that they would use a color other than black for the numbers? Dollars to donuts they will have black numbers with teal outline, just like the Flyers with their orange-trimmed black numbers (- on their black jersey of course :facepalm: )

edit: meh - i see they're white numbers. not much of a jersey improvement

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
this is how a black 3rd is supposed to look like

jersey-chicago-blackhawks-black-19-toews.jpg

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Boring garbage, not much thought went into these things.

Actually there was a decent amount of thought.

Initially it was reported the Sharks were done with black as the third jersey, but their market research showed that their 'Black Armour' jerseys were extremely popular and sold well. So they stuck with black.

Then the black 'microchip' pattern between the blue stripes is a direct nod to their location and Silicon Valley.

On top of that, to bring the concept of 'Stealth', which is admittedly a little silly, they have made the logos darker.

Reactions: olli

pucky

Jan 11, 2011

Initially it was reported the Sharks were done with black as the third jersey, but their market research showed that their 'Black Armour' jerseys were extremely popular and sold well. So they stuck with black.

Then the black 'microchip' pattern between the blue stripes is a direct nod to their location and Silicon Valley.

On top of that, to bring the concept of 'Stealth', which is admittedly a little silly, they have made the logos darker.
Their fans are idiots then. The 'Black' jersey for the Sharks is boring and makes no sense to be the primary colour.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
With their color scheme I feel the sharks could have done so much. Instead they opted out for boring black practice looking jerseys. Where is the creativity if youre not going to steal something thats been done before?
I agree, they look like practice jerseys. They should be teal or some shade of blue, with white and grey, perhaps? Something like that. Stick black in there if you want, but as the primary colour with hardly any blue/teal in there? I'm talking about a prospective design of a 3rd jersey - I'd go with that and see what you could come up with. What they picked is pretty dull but not the worst of the new 3rds but nothing special either.

It's also pretty lame why they went with black, apparently. Because fans are buying black t-shirts or something?

Reactions: valeriammm

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Interesting info, sad to see so much thought come up with basically nothing IMO.

I'm not a fan of the heavy black look that has been all the rage for at least a couple of decades now, black can be real good but you have to do it right and this does nothing, at least I don't think it does anyway, screams lazy and unimaginative to me.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Interesting info, sad to see so much thought come up with basically nothing IMO.

I'm not a fan of the heavy black look that has been all the rage for at least a couple of decades now, black can be real good but you have to do it right and this does nothing, at least I don't think it does anyway, screams lazy and unimaginative to me.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of it. I don't hate it. I'm very indifferent to it.
But I know numerous casual fans (I'm in Australia, so it's not even casual Sharks fans) who love it.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Personally, I'm not a big fan of it. I don't hate it. I'm very indifferent to it.
But I know numerous casual fans (I'm in Australia, so it's not even casual Sharks fans) who love it.
Hey, Australian casual hockey fans love it!!

All two of them, guess we can put this all to rest then.:thumbu:

Good choice San Jose.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Hey, Australian casual hockey fans love it!!

All two of them, guess we can put this all to rest then.:thumbu:

Good choice San Jose.

Way to take one thing out of context. Congratulations! :thumbu:

The point is, based on previous sales, and market research, the Sharks know that this jersey will sell well. Even a few non-sharks fans in this thread have said they will grab one.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Way to take one thing out of context. Congratulations! :thumbu:

The point is, based on previous sales, and market research, the Sharks know that this jersey will sell well. Even a few non-sharks fans in this thread have said they will grab one.
I didn't take things out of context, i was just joking around man, sorry if you misinterpreted it, it wasn't my intention to piss you off.

I have seen many people here like them, it's a classic beauty in the eyes of the beholder thing, I just don't see anything beautiful in them that's all, but to each his own.

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
I like minimalist black.
If it was the intent, I would have gone a tad further and maybe strip the triangle.
Give those curves some meaning.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2