GDT: San Jose Sharks at Calgary Flames (2am GMT)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Wolf has nothing left to learn in the AHL. Winning AHLer of the year back-to-back at his age is a clear sign that he needs to be up with the Flames.

I would understand the doubt if it was Jon Gillies or all of the other mediocre goalie prospects we overhyped but Wolf has proven he can make up for his small stature by dominating at every level. He’ll learn more by playing 25ish games a year and practicing with an NHL team than playing another 50 with the Wranglers.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I'm not concerned about Wolf yet. The guy was the MVP of the AHL, not just the best goalie in the league, but the best player overall. Wolf just needs to get adjusted to the NHL, if he can dominate the AHL he can be at minimum competent in the NHL level. His size shouldn't affect him if it hasn't in any other league. I'd say half the goals he gave up were bad, miffed grabbing a puck and over committed on a few others.

If Markstrom gets dealt and Wolf goes like 3-18-2 and put's up 3.50+ GAA with .870 SV%, I'll worry.

Kipper was a nobody back-up and then became the Flames saviour.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
The difference between the previous levels and the NHL is the shooters are much better so his size can really be exploited. It was the first game I saw from him where he looked tiny and it wasn't like he was up against Auston Matthews or David Pastrnak. It was Luke Kunin and Fabian Zetterlund. We all know it was only 1 game but it was a terrible game from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad