Proposal: San Jose - NYI

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Sounds like Schremp. Hopefully Ho-Sang gets it into his head, cause it seems like they have been telling him this for 2 years.

Also if they resign both Bailey and Eberle what dort of length/cost do you see on there contracts? and where does that leave Ho Sang?

Or like Sam Bennett he could slowly work the warts out of his game.
Last season the 6' 173 lb JHS played top 6 mins. This season with Eberle joining the team,JHS has played on the 3rd line.To put him in the best position to succeed, I would like him in the top 6.
As for Bailey and Eberle's ufa demands..who knows. LW Lee and center Barzal will also be due raises in the next few seasons and both are higher priorities then Bailey/Eberle. Isles are not trading a top prospect for Dell + a sweetener.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Sounds like Schremp. Hopefully Ho-Sang gets it into his head, cause it seems like they have been telling him this for 2 years.

Also if they re sign both Bailey and Eberle what sort of length/cost do you see on there contracts? and where does that leave Ho Sang?
Schremp could not skate. Ho sang is a really good skater. His production has been ok at the NHL level but he turns the puck over to much as he still takes to many risks. If he can manage the puck better he will be a top 6 winger. Skill and speed was always there.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Schremp could not skate. Ho sang is a really good skater. His production has been ok at the NHL level but he turns the puck over to much as he still takes to many risks. If he can manage the puck better he will be a top 6 winger. Skill and speed was always there.
The speed on the nyi roster has made a notable difference.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Or like Sam Bennett he could slowly work the warts out of his game.
Last season the 6' 173 lb JHS played top 6 mins. This season with Eberle joining the team,JHS has played on the 3rd line.To put him in the best position to succeed, I would like him in the top 6.
As for Bailey and Eberle's ufa demands..who knows. LW Lee and center Barzal will also be due raises in the next few seasons and both are higher priorities then Bailey/Eberle. Isles are not trading a top prospect for Dell + a sweetener.

I was just mentioning a former offensively skilled player who could not get the D part to his game in the NHL, not trying to imply JHS never will. Also I was asking just in general cause you mentioned him being able to be in the AHL cause those 2 players, but what happens if they both re sign for 5 more years a piece was more my question?

I honestly don't remember if he could skate or not so ill take you word for it, I recall he had lots of skill and and terrible D.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Right now I see Ho-Sang having no more value than Nikolay Goldobin last year. Goldobin (selected one pick before Ho-Sang) is the same type of player. Great offensive creativity/upside, never earning the coaches trust for complete two way games. Goldobin actually had better PPG in juniors than Ho-Sang and he was traded along with a pick for Jannik Hansen. An argument can be made that Wilson made a bad trade but my guess is Goldobin was available before that and the offers weren’t much better. Not saying the potential isn’t there for Ho-Sang but at this point I doubt his trade value would be that much IMO.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Right now I see Ho-Sang having no more value than Nikolay Goldobin last year. Goldobin (selected one pick before Ho-Sang) is the same type of player. Great offensive creativity/upside, never earning the coaches trust for complete two way games. Goldobin actually had better PPG in juniors than Ho-Sang and he was traded along with a pick for Jannik Hansen. An argument can be made that Wilson made a bad trade but my guess is Goldobin was available before that and the offers weren’t much better. Not saying the potential isn’t there for Ho-Sang but at this point I doubt his trade value would be that much IMO.
He's averaging .5 point per game when in the NHL on a ELC. Not sure what the value is for that. Something similar to Duclair is my guess.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

C'mon.JHS fell down the draft board in his draft year because teams were turned off by his outspoken and cocky attitude.
Isles show no interest in moving JHS. They have been patient with the top prospects who have shown promise like Pulock,like MDC ( made his nhl debut Sat.)

If the SJ GM can find a team willing to give up a top prospect for Dell,he should grab that deal and run. It won't be the nyi.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I like Dell but come on he's 29 years old and a soon to be free agent, he is NOT signing in San Jose to be Jones backup. this is his one chance to hit the market and get himself some real money. he will have his rights traded sometime after the season likely a 4th or a 5th round pick, its not like San Jose can stop him as a potential UFA, THEY EITHER GIVE HIM STARTERS MONEY AND THE NUMBER ONE JOB OR HE WALKS

they could trade Jones for a mint, and gamble that Dell is the real deal. its risky, but that might just be the best way to maximize their return I like Dell but I would not give up Ho Sang for him

Reactions: IODCPiper

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I like Dell but come on he's 29 years old and a soon to be free agent, he is NOT signing in San Jose to be Jones backup. this is his one chance to hit the market and get himself some real money. he will have his rights traded sometime after the season likely a 4th or a 5th round pick, its not like San Jose can stop him as a potential UFA, THEY EITHER GIVE HIM STARTERS MONEY AND THE NUMBER ONE JOB OR HE WALKS

they could trade Jones for a mint, and gamble that Dell is the real deal. its risky, but that might just be the best way to maximize their return I like Dell but I would not give up Ho Sang for him

The OP has 200 posts in seven years. Give him some leniency please. Most sharks fans have admitted we would have to add.

I'd say something like Braun and Dell for bellows/Calgary 1st and a 2nd would better fit your needs.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I was just mentioning a former offensively skilled player who could not get the D part to his game in the NHL, not trying to imply JHS never will. Also I was asking just in general cause you mentioned him being able to be in the AHL cause those 2 players, but what happens if they both re sign for 5 more years a piece was more D.

JHS is in the ahl because he needs to learn to play a more structured style instead of pond hockey and he needs to play better defensively. Isles have stressed to him the K.I.S.S. rule.
Having 2 productive vets ahead of him on the nhl team means 3rd line nhl icetime or 1st line ahl icetime. I agree with the nyi decision that 1st line ahl icetime is the better option for his development.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The OP has 200 posts in seven years. Give him some leniency please. Most sharks fans have admitted we would have to add.

I'd say something like Braun and Dell for bellows/Calgary 1st and a 2nd would better fit your needs.

Nah. Halak has turned his season around. Isles can address next season's goaltending in the offseason.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

nope, id wait till july one and see where we stand with Tavares Bailey and Dehaan before I make any decisions. you dont build the house until you have the foundation in place, as I say I like Dell, but if Tavares Bailey and Dehaan Walk, we'll have much bigger issues on our hands.

i wouldnt make any trades until we know more. alot more

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I think it'll work but JHS is exactly the type of player Doug Wilson avoids.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016

That might work

Reactions: Nolan11

Konk

Mar 11, 2008

You're getting colder, not warmer.

You're asking for a blue chip prospect that just finished the WJC with the most goals in the tournament, a 1st round pick, and a 2nd round pick in a deep draft for a pending UFA backup goalie and Justin Braun? While Braun is a top 4 guy, he's nothing special and won't return that type of package. No way.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Islanders are in no position to be moving assets like Bellows or Calgary's 1st. Other teams are salivating at trading mediocre goaltenders and depth defensemen for our high-end future assets, because some Islander fans permanently have a "win now" mindset and are more than willing to trade mid-round 1sts in a strong draft for any old player. Lehner, Howard, Mrazek, Dell, Petry, Ceci, Green - I too would jump on the chance to move these assets for high prices the same way I'd do backflips if we traded Hickey or Halak for another team's mid-round 1st. I assure you that you'll have a lot harder time prying these assets away from Garth Snow than from Islanders fans.

Maybe if Braun was a 24-year-old LHD and not a 31 in less than a month I'd be interested.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks aren't likely to trade Dell during the season. They're a team competing for a playoff spot and have a GM that values backup goaltending. So unless that swap includes a reliable backup going the other way and giving up supreme value (which won't happen), Dell will stay through the season. If he gets dealt, it's during the lead up to free agency where he'll return a 4th or a 5th. Nobody will trade a 1st for him which is what it would actually take to pry him out of San Jose. The Sharks wouldn't accept a 2nd to create that hole on their roster.

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Sharks aren't likely to trade Dell during the season. They're a team competing for a playoff spot and have a GM that values backup goaltending. So unless that swap includes a reliable backup going the other way and giving up supreme value (which won't happen), Dell will stay through the season. If he gets dealt, it's during the lead up to free agency where he'll return a 4th or a 5th. Nobody will trade a 1st for him which is what it would actually take to pry him out of San Jose. The Sharks wouldn't accept a 2nd to create that hole on their roster.
One of the posters on the nyi board out up a link to this SJ article.
Hopefully, this ends the discussion.

Trading Paul Martin won't be easy for Sharks

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Great Post this is Exactly my thinking as well. I didnt know you read minds PF, Cool beans....

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Islanders are in no position to be moving assets like Bellows or Calgary's 1st. Other teams are salivating at trading mediocre goaltenders and depth defensemen for our high-end future assets, because some Islander fans permanently have a "win now" mindset and are more than willing to trade mid-round 1sts in a strong draft for any old player. Lehner, Howard, Mrazek, Dell, Petry, Ceci, Green - I too would jump on the chance to move these assets for high prices the same way I'd do backflips if we traded Hickey or Halak for another team's mid-round 1st. I assure you that you'll have a lot harder time prying these assets away from Garth Snow than from Islanders fans.

Maybe if Braun was a 24-year-old LHD and not a 31 in less than a month I'd be interested.
Trust words were never spoken. Preach on brother, preach on.....

I mean the end of the world may be a-coming islander fan chicken little says so, but does it have to be today?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Good deal but I think San Jose may have to add a little here.
Lol no bud,SJ does not add a little to land JHS because the nyi politely so no and then laugh their azz off when the phone call ends.

The SJ article I posted, has the SJ beat writer suggesting Dell could return a 4th liner. That is a lot more realistic then Dell returning a top prospect.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lol no bud,SJ does not add a little to land JHS because the nyi politely so no and then laugh their azz off when the phone call ends.

The SJ article I posted, has the SJ beat writer suggesting Dell could return a 4th liner. That is a lot more realistic then Dell returning a top prospect.
Beat writers in San Jose aren’t exactly known for their hockey knowledge...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad