San Jose might be the first team to roll with three D's in overtimes

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
That there some cool, intelligent dirt. The San Jose Sharks are so stacked on great offensive D that they is going to have (after the faceoff) an army of three great D getting them every win during overtimes. After Joey T takes the faceoff, he jumps off and makes it happen (Burns, Karlsson and Vlasic) will defend like antz at disney pixar and still win EVERY single time. They are not going to give up goals during that stint and still have a fantastic offensive rush. That's chess right thurr for yo rear end. The other combo will be Burns, Karlsson and stay at home Braun. And they will win every time even with that sucka trio out there. This'll be history in the making as the great sharks are making a new standard and barrier in the NHL. What times. Y'all better recognize.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I've seen the Capitals do it many times... In fact they usually start with Kuznetsov/Beagle-Orlov-Niskanen.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Does the original poster mean 3 D's at the same time? Cuz yeah, that's probably a first.

If the OP means 3 D's total then no, pretty sure most teams do that.

Reactions: gab6511

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
That there some cool, intelligent dirt. The San Jose Sharks are so stacked on great offensive D that they is going to have (after the faceoff) an army of three great D getting them every win during overtimes. After Joey T takes the faceoff, he jumps off and makes it happen (Burns, Karlsson and Vlasic) will defend like antz at disney pixar and still win EVERY single time. They are not going to give up goals during that stint and still have a fantastic offensive rush. That's chess right thurr for yo rear end. The other combo will be Burns, Karlsson and stay at home Braun. And they will win every time even with that sucka trio out there. This'll be history in the making as the great sharks are making a new standard and barrier in the NHL. What times. Y'all better recognize.

I think you're overrating the defensive prowess of two of those guys(Burns, Karlsson) , and the foot-speed of two of those guys(Vlasic, Burns) and you're honestly crazy if you think they'd have Braun out over one of the skilled forwards like Pavelski or Couture.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I've seen the Capitals do it many times... In fact they usually start with Kuznetsov/Beagle-Orlov-Niskanen.
How they end it? With three D at the same time? Sharks'll do that there. And win everytime. These three dragons defend better than the other team. Therefore they won't be allowing goals at ALL:

Reactions: Shark Finn

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Does the original poster mean 3 D's at the same time? Cuz yeah, that's probably a first.

If the OP means 3 D's total then no, pretty sure most teams do that.
At the same time of course. Right after the faceoff. And also players will be jumping off the cliff/ to the bench and wanting for the sharks to have all the three D out there the whole time. Therefore they'll defend better than everybody because of their defensively oriented players who still have the exploding talented offensiver rush right after they get the small black puck.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I think you're overrating the defensive prowess of two of those guys(Burns, Karlsson) , and the foot-speed of two of those guys(Vlasic, Burns) and you're honestly crazy if you think they'd have Braun out over one of the skilled forwards like Pavelski or Couture.
It don't matter because Braun Vlasic Burns Karlsson will defend better than the other team. Everytime. Therefore the opposite ice hockey team cannot score any goals. Therefore sharks win every overtime. This'll be history in the making by doug wilson and de boer with his brain staff.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
They will be exposed by speedy trios the other teams send out.
No sire, Burns and Karlsson can skate with anybody. Braun and / or Vlasic don't even have to. They just have to stand there still. Stuck at a standstill. Still the sharks won't be allowing any goals. De Boer is laughing.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It don't matter because Braun Vlasic Burns Karlsson will defend better than the other team. Everytime. Therefore the opposite ice hockey team cannot score any goals. Therefore sharks win every overtime. This'll be history in the making by doug wilson and de boer with his brain staff.
LMAO, sure they will

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I mean, it’s worth a try but I would be surprised if that’s a successful idea. Offense from D is different from offense as a forward in terms of how it’s generated and OT is played differently than ES. Probably barely ever win a faceoff with those three. I’m not sure how the speed of the unit would fare as a group in OT.

Vlasic in general I’m not sure is a good idea over a guy like Meier/Pavelski/Couture when you already have two much better D out there. Putting out all three at once also forces the other one or two OT units to use a guy like Braun which is an awful idea.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Yeah...But I mean would they?

Karlsson-Burns-Pavelski seems much more efficient and prudent.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It honestly wouldn't be the worst idea if there's only one shift left in OT. Put Burns at forward where he's played before, Karlsson and Vlasic back. Makes perfect sense.

I could see this.

Otherwise problem is you tire all three of those guys out then have to either go with three forwards or two forwards and like Braun or Ryan and that's not stellar when you have so much talent tired on the bench.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Antz was produced by DreamWorks...

Reactions: Amorgus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Antz was produced by DreamWorks...
I was going to make that post and add this pic.

Comic_Book_Guy.png

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It honestly wouldn't be the worst idea if there's only one shift left in OT. Put Burns at forward where he's played before, Karlsson and Vlasic back. Makes perfect sense.
I assume that all three guys will be spread out and play the full OT so I don't see that happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad