Pre-Game Talk: San Jose at Montreal November 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Harris out again is concerning.
I agree that the Habs are better with Xhekaj in the line up but having Harris not playing is not an option long-term.
Not long terms, but a couple of games is ok. Then maybe he can replace Matheson or Eddy for a couple of games ;)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree that the Habs are better with Xhekaj in the line up but having Harris not playing is not an option long-term.
Any upside rookie player not getting regular reps, is a concern. There’s an obvious logjam and it’s on the GM to alleviate it.

Reactions: jrom and Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Edmundson has actually looked a lot better with Guhle. At least I thought so last game.

SJS lack some depth but Karlsson is pushing them up the standings, and they still have Meier, Hertl & Couture. It's the rest of the team that sucks.

Will be interested to see who starts.
I actually prefer Guhle with Eddy. It will allow him to push up ice far more than when he was with Savard. Savard felt he was the offensive catalyst on that pairing. :help:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He needs to play in Laval. I don't think he's physically ready for an 82 game schedule at this level. He got pasted a couple of times and it slowed him right down. We've had young players in the past who couldn't overcome this aspect of the big leagues and were never able to reach their potential.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He needs to play in Laval. I don't think he's physically ready for an 82 game schedule at this level. He got pasted a couple of times and it slowed him right down. We've had young players in the past who couldn't overcome this aspect of the big leagues and were never able to reach their potential.
There’s also a D logjam in Laval. Obviously, none of the Laval D would have priority over Harris if he were demoted but there is a surplus of personnel at both levels. I guess it’s a nice problem to have, especially as the inevitable injuries occur over a long season.

Reactions: Rapala

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He was fine before he had to play with Edmundson or Savard.

There’s also a D logjam in Laval. Obviously, none of the Laval D would have priority over Harris if he were demoted but there is a surplus of personnel at both levels. I guess it’s a nice problem to have, especially as the inevitable injuries occur over a long season.
I wouldn’t be sure of that. Houle said he is ‘’focusing on winning’’ you know what it means in coach language.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Like you posted earlier the GM needs to fix this. You are right that there are too many D not only in Montreal but Laval as well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn’t be sure of that. Houle said he is ‘’focusing on winning’’ you know what it means in coach language.
There are no certainties anywhere but if they'd be sending Harris to Laval, it would be to get reps.

Would be counterproductive to see him rotated or missing out on games in Laval. He might as well stay at the NHL level if he has to do that and at least get to practice with NHLers.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
He was fine before he had to play with Edmundson or Savard.

Lol! He'd better focus A LOT harder because the team is hot garbage.

Like you posted earlier the GM needs to fix this. You are right that there are too many D not only in Montreal but Laval as well.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a vet moved soon. Hughes said he's constantly working the phones and I'm sure Edmundson and Savard have come up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There are no certainties anywhere but if they'd be sending Harris to Laval, it would be to get reps.

Would be counterproductive to see him rotated or missing out on games in Laval. He might as well stay at the NHL level if he has to do that and at least get to practice with NHLers.
Barron has played every game and I am sure that this is a directive from KH. I would expect Harris to also play every game

Reactions: Rapala

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Dadonov 17gp 1g 1a -8
Evans 21gp 0g 2a -6
Armia 10gp 0g 0a 0pts -3

Allen .891 save %

Play them more Marty keep it up buddy.

FhH9QPqXEAAUWK0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.