Injury Report: Samuelsson out 2 weeks, fractured finger

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Having to watch Cleary every night amritie?? I'll show myself out.

I have to say, I am a fan of snarky Heaton. One bright spot in this otherwise dull season has been your slow transition into a jaded, sarcastic fan (don't worry, it's not offensive for me to say that because I'm one too) :laugh:

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
You would have to think Bedard knew about Howard's blurred vision. He works with Jimmy the most. I highly doubt trainers would stay quiet if they knew. I wonder what the repercussions will be, if any, for whoever withheld information.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Concussion for Howard? Where and when did that come from?

When players have dizzyness, headache, blurred vision, for example, or anything that appears neurological, they are removed from play and have to go to a quiet room, and get a baseline neuro exam. A concussion isn't diagnosed on the spot, but if there are symptoms suggestive of one, they must consult a neurologist before they can return to play.

There's a massive thread on the business board that's been tracking all the sports and policies:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=822006&page=15

American Medical Society for Sports Medicine position statement: concussion in sport
http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/47/1/15.full

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Having to watch Cleary every night amritie?? I'll show myself out.

:biglaugh:

You would have to think Bedard knew about Howard's blurred vision. He works with Jimmy the most. I highly doubt trainers would stay quiet if they knew. I wonder what the repercussions will be, if any, for whoever withheld information.

I hope it's something. I don't want this swept under the rug, because allowing the guy to play like that, if he'd gotten run or something, could have had serious long-term effects on Howard's career, or, God forbid, ended it. Whoever knew should have spoken right up to Babcock.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Helene St. James @HeleneStJames

Per Ken Holland, #RedWings F Mikael Samuelsson has non-displaced fractured finger. Out minimum 2 weeks.

It's a meh injury, Samuelsson didn't do much in his game back the other night, i'd rather have Tatar / Andersson.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Alright, call up Sheahan and let him replace either Cleary or Abby on a scoring line.

I get what you're saying, but Tatar has been looking good and I'd rather give him more minutes. Samuelsson is bigger and shoots, but rarely hits the net.

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I get what you're saying, but Tatar has been looking good and I'd rather give him more minutes. Samuelsson is bigger and shoots, but rarely hits the net.

I'm willing to accept how Babs does things. He wants a big body which is the only reason Cleary and Abby are playing in the top 6. Tatar is not a big body. So he is unlikely to get bumped up. He had a few nice plays last night and I'm definitely a fan, I am just willing to accept reality and if Sheahan gets a call up there's a good chance Babs gives him top 6 ice time. It's better than Cleary and Abby in the top 6.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm willing to accept how Babs does things. He wants a big body which is the only reason Cleary and Abby are playing in the top 6. Tatar is not a big body. So he is unlikely to get bumped up. He had a few nice plays last night and I'm definitely a fan, I am just willing to accept reality and if Sheahan gets a call up there's a good chance Babs gives him top 6 ice time. It's better than Cleary and Abby in the top 6.

Hey, as long as Tatar gets his regular shift I'm good. His role right now is fine, it's just that he could be playing an even greater one with the current lineup. I think Cleary playing in the top6 stings more than Tatar playing on the 3rd line. But at least he's getting NHL time, and he's not looking out of place. Makes me feel a little better about next season already.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
So, does this get Mursak back in the lineup for sure?

The best part of the veterans getting dinged up or playing like crap...it just shows that it's not that much worse than if they just let some of the young bucks run this thing.

Out of all the injuries, they miss Helm the most...nobody has his speed. The rest of the injuries haven't been crippling. Losing Howard for a while would suck.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
So, does this get Mursak back in the lineup for sure?

The best part of the veterans getting dinged up or playing like crap...it just shows that it's not that much worse than if they just let some of the young bucks run this thing.

Out of all the injuries, they miss Helm the most...nobody has his speed. The rest of the injuries haven't been crippling. Losing Howard for a while would suck.

Don't think so, by my count there's 13 healthy forwards. Should be between Eaves or him.

One by one I think Helm affects the team the most. But when you lose Bert, Franzen and Sammy at the same time, really the only big bodies up front, that's crippling to your success.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hey, as long as Tatar gets his regular shift I'm good. His role right now is fine, it's just that he could be playing an even greater one with the current lineup. I think Cleary playing in the top6 stings more than Tatar playing on the 3rd line. But at least he's getting NHL time, and he's not looking out of place. Makes me feel a little better about next season already.

Yeah, the big takeaway is he's showing he belongs. He's got puck skills and we clearly lack that right now. I think the worst thing would be for him to be bumped up and then if his production dries up he gets sent back down. He's doing a nice job with his role and I want to see him continue to play for the DRW.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Maybe Holland was thinking... man we are old... we are going to have alot of injuries.

But those that are not injured still play better than rookies (his thinking not mine)

so ill sign 16-17 forwards, then when they get injured, I will have extras !

ya ya

CloneHakanPlease*

The only injuries that might give us a chance for the lottery is if both Z and Datsyuk are out for the season. This team is still too good to be a lottery team.

It was moreso just a sentiment rather than an actual plan so I agree with what you're saying, but I feel like both players will eventually get an injury sometime this season given their recent history.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The only injuries that might give us a chance for the lottery is if both Z and Datsyuk are out for the season. This team is still too good to be a lottery team.

Well with the revamped lottery all we have to do is miss the playoffs to have a shot. Could you imagine the outrage if we got the number one after coming in 14th? Would be spectacular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad