C Samuel Sisik - TPS U16 / Jr. C SM-sarja Q (2023 draft)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Why are Slovakian players going to countries like Austria to develop?

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Why are Slovakian players going to countries like Austria to develop?
Because the facilities are better and teams have more funding. A lot of Slovak players do stay in Slovakia, however it's usually some of the more talented ones that go abroad, in order to play in a more competitive league.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Because the facilities are better and teams have more funding. A lot of Slovak players do stay in Slovakia, however it's usually some of the more talented ones that go abroad, in order to play in a more competitive league.

Regardless , the Slovak players and teams should still be stronger overall than Austian youth leagues even with their best players abroad. Can only see somewhat of a benefit for a player going to a team like Salzburg for a bit, other than that I don't see the point.

Reactions: degustator

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Regardless , the Slovak players and teams should still be stronger overall than Austian youth leagues even with their best players abroad. Can only see somewhat of a benefit for a player going to a team like Salzburg for a bit, other than that I don't see the point.
The reason Samuel is playing there is because he would not be given the chance to play in Slovak u18 league most likely. So he chooses Aus u18 league which is obviously better than the u16 Slovak league he would be playing in. Another point, I’ve heard the players get more time on the ice per week than here in Slovakia. More practice = better progress

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He joined recently Slovakia U15 team as the only 2005 born (2004 year is quite solid in Slovakia) and played at tournament in Jihlava.
He had 1 goal and 2 assists in 3 games, not bad.

Reactions: degustator

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He has ended the WSI U14 tournament with 11 goals and 5 assists in 9 games, very solid statistics.
I am looking forward to see his future development.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Next season join Finland - TPS Turku

Probably one of the best options available for foreign players to develop over in Finland. Although they haven't developed nearly as many of them as the Swedish leagues have.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Probably one of the best options available for foreign players to develop over in Finland. Although they haven't developed nearly as many of them as the Swedish leagues have.

Being a 15 year old playing in a men's league is absolutely insane, though. Good for him if he can actually go to Liiga to play.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Being a 15 year old playing in a men's league is absolutely insane, though. Good for him if he can actually go to Liiga to play.

He is joining TPS Turku's organization doesn't automatically mean its the mens team . He will almost certainly be playing juniors next season not Liiga.

Reactions: Killerjas

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
He got his first point in his second game. 0+1 through 2 games. I expect him to start slowly than explode once he has adapted. Just like he did in the ebjl. Elite offensive upside with this guy and he can fly on the ice.

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
He got his first point in his second game. 0+1 through 2 games. I expect him to start slowly than explode once he has adapted. Just like he did in the ebjl. Elite offensive upside with this guy and he can fly on the ice.
why are so many slovaks going to other countries to develop? Even the germans can develop their top youth players in their system. This shouldnt be the future of slovak hockey

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
why are so many slovaks going to other countries to develop? Even the germans can develop their top youth players in their system. This shouldnt be the future of slovak hockey

Because today the Slovak youth leagues do not have high quality, do not have good training infrastructure and facilities and there are not enough good coaches in Slovakia to allow players to grow. And at the same time there is little competition in Slovakia, because hockey plays not many children, some youth clubs cannot build 1 team. Since 2017, this has been starting to improve, but it goes slowly. It will take a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad