C Samuel Sisik - TPS U16 / Jr. C SM-sarja Q (2023 draft)

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
So he will play again in TPS u18 next season? A year ago I would have said he’d be a lock to make hlinka Gretzky cup team now I’m not so sure. Seems to be his size that really limits him. He probably is more individually skilled in puck handling and creating than guys like Ridzon and Molnar but the size and strength really holds him back. I hope he can come back next season and show great development

Sisik grew up. As far as I know, he is about 174 cm (5'8") tall today. However, he will not be much higher. His father is 175 cm (5'9") tall. Reway was not tall either, and he was a great player until the injuries came. Sisik can be similar, he is no less talented. Of course I agree, size and strength really holds him back, but he didn't have a bad last season at all. You don't have to just look at productivity. He played in a very weak team. I don't know what his plans are for next season, but if he stays in Finland, he will definitely start the season in TPS U18, and if he dominates, he will definitely play in a few matches in U20 as well.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Sisik grew up. As far as I know, he is about 174 cm (5'8") tall today. However, he will not be much higher. His father is 175 cm (5'9") tall. Reway was not tall either, and he was a great player until the injuries came. Sisik can be similar, he is no less talented. Of course I agree, size and strength really holds him back, but he didn't have a bad last season at all. You don't have to just look at productivity. He played in a very weak team. I don't know what his plans are for next season, but if he stays in Finland, he will definitely start the season in TPS U18, and if he dominates, he will definitely play in a few matches in U20 as well.
Didn’t know that he grew some more, thanks for info. Although I agree that the boy is talented. There were other weak teams in U18 SM-Sarah which had 2005 born Finns producing very well and better than Sisik. Jesse Kiiskinen for example played for a weak Pelicans u18 team and still had 15 pts in 22 games. I hope that Slovaks will play some u17 games this summer so we can see progress he’s made since last Finnish game.

Jalasvaara

Jun 30, 2018
I watched few of the games last fall and it's easy to say that he had problems to adapt to the fact that he faced bigger opponents. He was bullied around the boards and lost a lot of puck battles. He is really skilled but he just couldn't use his skills. The fact that the team was quite poor overall made things even harder.

For the next season he isn't currently listed to U18 team. Either he leaves TPS or he will work with the U20 team. Wouldn't surprise me if he is with the U20 team during the pre-season with few others from the U18 team.

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
It's a bit of pity that no one in the CHL chose him. The QMJHL could fit him. I'm curious about his season in Saipa U20, but I don't think that's a good route for him. The last 2 seasons in Finland did not work for him at all, he would need a change.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Huh. I wonder what happened with this guy. I remember looking at TPS U16 games and thought he looked really good. Haven't watched him since. He is small though, so that might be it.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
It's a bit of pity that no one in the CHL chose him. The QMJHL could fit him. I'm curious about his season in Saipa U20, but I don't think that's a good route for him. The last 2 seasons in Finland did not work for him at all, he would need a change.

Huh. I wonder what happened with this guy. I remember looking at TPS U16 games and thought he looked really good. Haven't watched him since. He is small though, so that might be it.
Is he really 5’7”? If so, that probably contributes to it. At that size, you need to be an elite point producer to be considered by North American teams. Plus, looking at EliteProspects, his agency has 0 players in the CHL. Either they don’t present it as an option for their clients or they’re just bad at finding teams for their players.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad