Samuel Poulin vs Jakob Pelletier

Who is the better prospect?

• Total voters

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
2 first rounders from the qmjhl. Have to admit I don’t know much about them, but from what I’ve gathered, the former is a safer pick with a greater chance of making the nhl, while the later has a higher ceiling, but could potential have a great risk of busting out. Overall, who is the best prospect right now? I’m homer voting Pelletier of course (being a flames fan), but I genuinely have no clue.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
I'd say Poulin is a safer prospect, but Pelletier has more potential. This can be quantified through things like Pelletier scoring at a right rate per 60 at even strength, which can be an indication of offensive skill, or we can look at Corsica's draft model. It gives Poulin a probability of success at 81.13% and a projected WAR/82 of 0.46. Pelletier has a probability of success at 52.3% and a projected WAR/82 0.52. Since they play in the same league, it should help the comparability of these numbers. In the end, if you like taking risks, take Pelletier. If you want to play it safe, go Poulin.

All the data is from Scouching and Corsica.

Reactions: singlesliceofcheese

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'd say Poulin is a safer prospect, but Pelletier has more potential. This can be quantified through things like Pelletier scoring at a right rate per 60 at even strength, which can be an indication of offensive skill, or we can look at Corsica's draft model. It gives Poulin a probability of success at 81.13% and a projected WAR/82 of 0.46. Pelletier has a probability of success at 52.3% and a projected WAR/82 0.52. Since they play in the same league, it should help the comparability of these numbers. In the end, if you like taking risks, take Pelletier. If you want to play it safe, go Poulin.

All the data is from Scouching and Corsica.

Thank you. Pretty much what I was thinking of in the first place.

Also, 5000th post :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad