Samsonov's Replacement?

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
Forgot to post this a few days ago, the duality of media ;)

IMG_2147.jpeg

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Actions speak louder than words. If Rielly could read what's happening he wouldn't have let Pasternak cruise to the net and would have positioned himself properly if he read the play. Not saying Samsonov didn't f*** up too but my point stands
Probably saw Nylander floating and thought the whistle had gone.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I’m fully aboard the Laurent Brossoit train. Outside of a trade he’s the best option available and should be able to be signed for a reasonable contract which could provide great value, especially for a team as cap-strapped as ours.

Reactions: MarMarSab3

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I really wish they gave Hildeby a couple starts when he was up, at least we’d have some basic idea of what might be there. Was such a strange process when he was up, literally went out of their way to nit play him. Feels like a lost opportunity.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Send Vancouver a trade offer for Silovs they don't need him and he's already got more playoff experience than our entire roster

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I’m fully aboard the Laurent Brossoit train. Outside of a trade he’s the best option available and should be able to be signed for a reasonable contract which could provide great value, especially for a team as cap-strapped as ours.
Been on this train a few years now. Would love him here

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Welp, I think we should avoid Jordan Binnington as the new Leaf goalie after that horrendous game he just played against Austria. Yes, Austria, of all teams, beat him for 6 goals, 5 in the 3rd period alone.

Mind you, the Canadians played give away to help make it happen, but still, Binnington couldn't stop a beach ball in the 3rd period.

Only a well placed Tavares wrist shot, in OT, saved Canada's ass from being thoroughly EMBARRASSED !!! Thank goodness Austria didn't get the 1st shot on net, and Tavares did !!!

Austria, of all teams, almost did Canada in !!!

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Welp, I think we should avoid Jordan Binnington as the new Leaf goalie after that horrendous game he just played against Austria. Yes, Austria, of all teams, beat him for 6 goals, 5 in the 3rd period alone.

Mind you, the Canadians played give away to help make it happen, but still, Binnington couldn't stop a beach ball in the 3rd period.

Only a well placed Tavares wrist shot, in OT, saved Canada's ass from being thoroughly EMBARRASSED !!! Thank goodness Austria didn't get the 1st shot on net, and Tavares did !!!

Austria, of all teams, almost did Canada in !!!
I wouldn’t be too impressed if we signed the crazy train. He’s a roller coaster of emotions and level of play. We need stability.

Reactions: Al14

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Sign a sumo wrestler and just have him crouch in the crease. Nothing to shoot at, and they'll shut every team out.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Either:
-Trade for Markstrom as a 1-year stop gap
-Sign Talbot/Brossoit/Stolarz for 1 year
or
-Inquire with Buffalo to see if they want to pay Luukkonen as an RFA or move him.

Reactions: CapspaceKiller
Sep 18, 2009
I'm not thrilled with any of those options honestly I would roll Woll - Jones with Hildey in the wings. Hildeby will be 23 next year he's 6'7, he's good, he will be pushing for a spot like Woll was. By playoffs we could have Woll/Hildey ready and a decent amount of cap space in play.
Leafs should bring in all these outcasts
Lehne
Cosch q
Login malleux
Actually no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad