Samson Reinhart vs. Patrik Laine

Who would you rather have on your team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I think the better question at this point is "whose reputation took a bigger hit in the past 12 months - W Nylander or Laine"

This is getting a bit silly the players some are prefering to Laine after one bad half season.

I still predict he'll end up closer to Matthews career wise than most think. And im very high on Matthews.

Reactions: Blueboy

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I think the better question at this point is "whose reputation took a bigger hit in the past 12 months - W Nylander or Laine"

This is getting a bit silly the players some are prefering to Laine after one bad half season.

I still predict he'll end up closer to Matthews career wise than most think. And im very high on Matthews.
I'm confused why you're bringing up Leaf players when this has nothing to do with them.

Laine, quite easily for me as well

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Wow. I actually had no idea his full name was Samson.

And I would take Laine.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Ah yes, it's one bad half season, certainly not that Laine still sucks ass at everything that's not shooting the puck after 3 years in the league.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm confused why you're bringing up Leaf players when this has nothing to do with them.

Laine, quite easily for me as well

I think when William Nylander had a horrible season after his holdout last year, everyone here gave up on him and started saying he's damaged goods. When just 1 year prior - majority opinion was Nylander ~ Marner. A bad season doesn't change that. I'm making a parallel with Laine, because after the last half of his season last year, i'm seeing the same thing - everyone seems to have given up on Laine, saying he's damaged goods. When just 1 year prior, he was the heir apparent to Ovi, or close, according to HF.

I'm bringing up Matthews just because they were drafted #1 and #2, and for a long time there was a question as to who ends up better. I still think it's Matthews - but to hear some people talk about Laine now he's a flop. The truth is, he isn't, he's likely to bounce back and be a star player in this league, and probably ends up pretty close to Matthews career-wise when a few years from now.

Laine has a ton of upside.
Reinhart? He's ~ok, not the same caliber player though.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Laine Goals in November: 18
Laine Goals in other 6 months: 12

If you are only good at 1 thing, you better be a hell of a lot more consistent than that.

I'll take Samson on my team thanks.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think when William Nylander had a horrible season after his holdout last year, everyone here gave up on him and started saying he's damaged goods. When just 1 year prior - majority opinion was Nylander ~ Marner. A bad season doesn't change that. I'm making a parallel with Laine, because after the last half of his season last year, i'm seeing the same thing - everyone seems to have given up on Laine, saying he's damaged goods. When just 1 year prior, he was the heir apparent to Ovi, or close, according to HF.

I'm bringing up Matthews just because they were drafted #1 and #2, and for a long time there was a question as to who ends up better. I still think it's Matthews - but to hear some people talk about Laine now he's a flop. The truth is, he isn't, he's likely to bounce back and be a star player in this league, and probably ends up pretty close to Matthews career-wise when a few years from now.

Laine has a ton of upside.
Reinhart? He's ~ok, not the same caliber player though.

Is this satire? When asked why you're bringing up Leafs in a poll that has nothing to do with Toronto you double down by going into more depth why you feel the way you do about Nylander?

Reactions: Kelly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad