Sami Salo

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Very odd that nobody has taken a run at Salo. On the third pair - Salo still has enough to be very effective in this league. It is probably that Salo doesn't want to leave the area since his kids are in school here. It was probably re-sign w/Tampa or nothing.

Hedman/Stralman
Garrison/Gudas
Carle/Salo

That could have been very interesting with Sustr back in the AHL...organization feels Sustr is ready. Through seven games...Sustr has played very average even for a third pairing role.

Isn't he having some kind of career ending surgery?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He had surgery to repair his wrist in the off-season. Wrist as a career ending injury? ...I'm skeptical about that.

He just recently had another and is strongly considering retirement due to the timetable for recovery and his age. Doubt he ever plays professionally again.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
He just recently had another and is strongly considering retirement due to the timetable for recovery and his age. Doubt he ever plays professionally again.

I dont think there was "another" one. After he was injured in playoffs, hope was that it didnt need a surgery and it wasnt until recently when it didnt heal and he had to have one. Just some seriously rotten Sami Salo luck. I wonder if he just would've had it right away he could be months ahead of schelude and even potentially play somewhere again. But yeah its probably over now.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I dont think there was "another" one. After he was injured in playoffs, hope was that it didnt need a surgery and it wasnt until recently when it didnt heal and he had to have one. Just some seriously rotten Sami Salo luck. I wonder if he just would've had it right away he could be months ahead of schelude and even potentially play somewhere again. But yeah its probably over now.

Posted October 18th, 2014

‏@sportsnetmurph
Hearing Sami Salo, who still resides in TB, just had wrist surgery. Probably the end of the line for the former #Canucks
#lightning d-man.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Former Lightning Sami Salo retires

Headline reads "Finnish NHL star painful decision: 'I can no longer play' ": http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-1439279760505.html

Google translator:
Turku, Finland, summer holiday, celebrating Salo confirmed between the painting contract to Ilta-Sanomat that a prolonged and serious wrist injury forced him to give up his career.

Hand is what it is. There are no longer able to play. Not for hockey, and tennis. At least not a professional, 40-year-old Salo says Ilta-Sanomat.

Turkulaislähtöinen back injury at the hands of spring 2014 playoffs, and it has not been able to play the game either.

Doctors in initial diagnosis was that no hand need for surgical treatment, but after a few weeks, it became clear that the need to cut the wrist.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Headline reads "Finnish NHL star painful decision: 'I can no longer play' ": http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-1439279760505.html

Google translator:

Wrist injuries suck period! When I played youth hockey I sprained my wrist! I swear I tore something in there! I got a x Ray it came out fine! But for like two more years playing hockey! Off and on the pain would come and go. After like two years I guess it healed no more issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad