Confirmed with Link: Sam Reinhart traded to Florida for a 1st in 2022 and G Devon Levi Part 2

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
He always had stretches of pointless, less impactful games. He had a good start, now he disappeared for a while, from a points perspective. He will pick it up again for sure.
Still, i thought he would be able to gather a few more points against lesser competition as the 3rd line center.

Reactions: FunkSoljah

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Could simply be a Reinhart lull/snake-bit or maybe injuries are impacting line chemistry and/or matchups, since IIRC, Barkov and Thornton were out for FLA, as were Bennett and Lundell at some point, in the last month. Not following FLA to know the right answer and none of that seems to be affecting their standing either.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
Would not care if he never scored a goal again.
Thank you for your time Sammy. But your no longer any use to this team.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
maybe he’s just not as good as a lot of sabres fans thought, out of nothing else to appreciate

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
If it's a Devine special it's also pretty much every major scout's special as well. Drai was considered #4 by most, and it was basically a Sam vs Sam debate at #2, unless Ekblad fell.

People seem to forget Draisaitl's +1 season...where there were quite a few voices saying the Oilers Oilered again.

Heck, if he was drafted at #2 by Buffalo he probably wouldn't be here by now and would be considered a disappointment given this organization's track record with player development.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
If it's a Devine special it's also pretty much every major scout's special as well. Drai was considered #4 by most, and it was basically a Sam vs Sam debate at #2, unless Ekblad fell.
Someone mentioned he played on a much worse team, carrying it all by himself.
Unlike Reinhart, who played on a stacked squad. Similar to Power (that is including Team Canada)..

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Someone mentioned he played on a much worse team, carrying it all by himself.
Unlike Reinhart, who played on a stacked squad. Similar to Power (that is including Team Canada)..
Reinhart was pretty much the entire team at Kootenay, only other decent player I remember from that team was Tim Bozon.

Reactions: Husko

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011

Not me. I was at that draft and stood up shouting The Deutsch Dangler!!! At least I felt I knew enough about him to scream that out at the arena. Nothing personal against Sam, but bye.

Last edited:
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
There are two things in common here, Sabres drafting the last 10 years and Devine.

"I haven't seen a guy that can make plays like Sam with the puck, in the playmaking sense, over the last 10 to 15 years." - Kevin Devine

At least it seems there are others above him now in the organization (Forton) and he is just one opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad