Proposal: Sam Reinhart to Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Ducks fan coming in peace. What would it take to land Reinhart?

Fowler/Vatanen + Ritchie?

I assume you have zero interest in Andersen/Gibson.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I wouldn't do that.

Keep adding.

I didn't mean straight up, that would just be the starting point. This is why trade talks never go anywhere between Anaheim and Buffalo fans. Buffalo asks about one of their LD's, Anaheim ends up getting to Reinhart, Buffalo comes back with Lindholm+ for him and it stalls.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
On mobile this headline gave me a heart attack thanks it sounded so real

Yeah.

I would seriously need a lot more than a #1 D for Reinhart also. He seriously may be a better all around hockey player than Eichel.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Ditto on Lindholm. I think the value is fair and it is a better fit for need, but I'm still ambivalent about it. I don't know that we come out better, it's such high risk with two players of that caliber. If Tim Murray declined such a deal I wouldn't be upset.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
We're certainly not moving him for quantity. That's a very silly idea. Ditto on him being a better all around player than Eichel at this point. Doesn't have Eichel's ceiling, but he sure can play every foot of the ice right now. His hockey smarts make him unique among players his age.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Value-wise, it would take Lindholm. Even then, I think you just don't trade a kid like Reinhart. There are a million other avenues I'd exhaust looking for a quality LHD before I seriously considered moving Reinhart.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Lindholm exactly what we need. The value of Lindholm and Reinhart are basically equal, so it's more than fair, but yet I would still never do that trade. I wouldn't even entertain offers on Reinhart at this point unless maybe Subban was in the discussion.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Wow, Reinhart's value sure has soared around here. If I was offered Lindholm + for him, I'd sure listen. We need a major league upgrade on defense and the opportunity to pull that off doesn't come along often. I love Reinhart, but trading him at max value isn't the worst idea ever, especially if he returns the exact piece we sorely need to take the next step.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Wow, Reinhart's value sure has soared around here. If I was offered Lindholm + for him, I'd sure listen. We need a major league upgrade on defense and the opportunity to pull that off doesn't come along often. I love Reinhart, but trading him at max value isn't the worst idea ever, especially if he returns the exact piece we sorely need to take the next step.

Reinhart isn't near max value yet. I think this is just the beginning.

signalIInoise

killed by signal 2
Feb 25, 2005
Latveria
'Value' is part of the discussion, of course -- but -- there shouldn't even be a discussion. I think it's okay to have an attachment to him that isn't told by the tale of the tape. Reinhart is part of our payment for all the crap we've lived through. He's identity. Might as well trade away the team name. We earned him.

Sentimental? Sure. I can own that. Sports are irrational, anyway.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015

Lol. Sam Reinhart is 20 and he scored 23 goals/42 points last year. This team is not taking any "next steps" without him.

Regardless, defensemen are fungible. Sam Reinhart is not.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
The value is there for both teams. If TM made the deal for Lindholm I would grin and bear it. SR is a favourite but hockey deals mean good players go both ways. We need LD. We do not need SR at centre and he can be replaced-adequately but not nearly as well-on the wing. 2 excellent players.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

And then we'll need to find two players in the top 6 who are long term options for Eichel.

We'll be losing a guy who has amazing chemistry with our top Franchise guy, who also happens to be a franchise/elite talent himself. If I'm addressing our LD hole it's through the draft or using our complimentary players along with other draft assets, not guys who are part of the core. The goal is to continue to build your core players, not use one to get one. It's like saying "let's trade Eichel for Doughty" because we need to fill our LD.

You win with guys like Reinhart, why he's even available to some people blows my mind.

I love Lindholm a lot. If there's a combination of any assets you would like that doesn't involve the "core 4", I will drive them all to the airport.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Thanks for the responses. I'll move along. : )

So I'm guessing the Reinhart for Lindholm idea doesn't sit well with our Anaheim friend. Did you expect us to trade a 20 year potential stud centermen for a bag of spare parts? It's gonna cost you a 22 year old backend player with tons of potential.

No doubt Samson's upside is higher than Hampus' but at this stage your guy have "proven more." At the end of the days you are talking about 1 season vs 3 seasons.

I'd be willing to consider:

Reinhart and a 2nd for Sami Vatanen, Jacob Larsson and a 1st.

you get a young scorer you want and we get 2 young mobile defensemen.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
So I'm guessing the Reinhart for Lindholm idea doesn't sit well with our Anaheim friend. Did you expect us to trade a 20 year potential stud centermen for a bag of spare parts? It's gonna cost you a 22 year old backend player with tons of potential.

No doubt Samson's upside is higher than Hampus' but at this stage your guy have "proven more." At the end of the days you are talking about 1 season vs 3 seasons.

I'd be willing to consider:

Reinhart and a 2nd for Sami Vatanen, Jacob Larsson and a 1st.

you get a young scorer you want and we get 2 young mobile defensemen.

That's terrible for us...

Lindholm is the baseline for players that I would consider moving Reinhart for. Any lesser player as the main piece coming back and it's a very easy no.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
At this stage and after what I've seen from Anaheim fans on the main board, the only way I want to acquire any Duck is through an offer sheet.:sarcasm:

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
That's terrible for us...

Lindholm is the baseline for players that I would consider moving Reinhart for. Any lesser player as the main piece coming back and it's a very easy no.

How is that terrible?

Vatanen is not far behind Linholm and Larrson considered the replacement for whichever defensemen Anaheim losses. You get 2 top 4 defensemen, yes one is unproven and the other has less experience than Linholm. It's not terrible. I also said I would consider but I'd be reluctant to trade Samson at this stage of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad