Confirmed with Link: Sam Reinhart sent down to Kootenay Ice

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@SabresPR

The Buffalo Sabres have assigned forward Sam Reinhart to the Kootenay Ice (WHL). http://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2014/10/31/sabres-assign-reinhart-to-kootenay/

Tim Murray Press Conference (10/31/14) - 11:19 Mins

[nhl]658692[/nhl]

MURRAY: ASSIGNING REINHART TO JUNIOR 'THE RIGHT THING' FOR HIS DEVELOPMENT
By Chris Ryndak - Sabres.com

Reinhart, the 2nd overall pick in 2014, will play in WHL for remainder of season

20141031-Reinhart1-Top.jpg

The development of rookie center Sam Reinhart will continue with the Kootenay Ice of the Western Hockey League.

The Buffalo Sabres announced Friday that Reinhart, the second overall pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, has been assigned to his junior club, meaning he won’t be eligible to return to the Sabres until next season.

Reinhart, who will turn 19 on Nov. 6, had one point – an assist – in nine NHL games this season. He currently checks in at 6-foot-1, 185 pounds and Sabres general manager Tim Murray would like him to take extra time to focus on getting stronger this season.

Last edited:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Good.

I wonder if Larsson gets a call-up or they just roll with Flynn until Kaleta is healthy.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
bittersweet.

I think deep down we all want to see our young guys come in and immediately be impact players, even if we know that usually doesn't happen. Its easier to watch the games for the youth and watching them develop and root for things like first goals and what not, but its frustrating when they don't get the minutes and situations we want to see them in. As fans, we know the team sucks, and we'd rather see players who maybe some day have the potential to turn it around, rather than the known quantities that feel like more of the cause of the problems.

Reinhart's got the smarts and we can be reasonably sure he's not going to be pouting about this. He'll have a good Junior season, and then hopefully he gets set up with whoever grigs worked out with in the offseason to get bigger and stronger and hopefully be ready to make a splash next year.

ZeroPT*

Schaller or Larsson. Or they could wait for Kaleta to come back and roll with:
Moulson-Ennis-Stafford
Mitchell-Girgensons-Stewart
Foligno-Hodgson-Gionta
Flynn-McCormick-Deslauriers
Kaleta

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
it's too bad we have too many bad players taking up roster space on the roster...

sending him down doesn't hurt... it just delays

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I would have seriously started to question Tim Murray as a GM if he didn't do this. ReinHart obviously would be better off in Juniors raking in 20 minutes a game, than sitting on the end of the bench only getting about 4 minutes of play time whenever Nolan felt sorry for him.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I would have seriously started to question Tim Murray as a GM if he didn't do this. ReinHart obviously would be better off in Juniors raking in 20 minutes a game, than sitting on the end of the bench only getting about 4 minutes of play time whenever Nolan felt sorry for him.

I don't agree.

I'd prefer he be limited in ice time, but in a challenging environment...

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres GM Tim Murray on Reinhart: He'll have to get stronger. The issue wasn't skating, or hockey sense, for me it was strength.

More Murray: Emotional day. I told Sam, you're my top pick. I was cheering for him. But it's about doing what's best for him & us. #Sabres

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
The CHL rule bites us in the ass again. Reinhart should not be in Buffalo or the CHL. He should be in Rochester centering our second line.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Don't mind him only getting the tryout but he should have gotten more chances to succeed. He was not given a chance to produce at all. Getting **** ice time and **** linemates from our terrible clueless head coach. Would Have liked to see him get prime ice time and linemates for ATLEAST a couple games.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Don't mind him only getting the tryout but he should have gotten more chances to succeed. He was not given a chance to produce at all. Getting **** ice time and **** linemates from our terrible clueless head coach. Would Have liked to see him get prime ice time and linemates for ATLEAST a couple games.

He got that in the first couple of games. He's simply not ready yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad