Speculation: Sam Montembault to EDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
A career sub .900 sv% goalie not only at the NHL level but basically every level he’s ever played at.

Sounds about right for Holland.

Should be worth future considerations. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Holland give up something of value.
I don't believe that Monty is the guy the Oilers should target.
Allen would help more.
Hopefully the Habs keep Monty around on a cheap contract to eventually become our back up to us having /getting a starter.
Don't see Primeau being the guy but Fowler intrigues me.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I agree that he is better than any Oilers G, but that is probably the lowest bar to clear ever.

Montembeault is a replacement level player. Fair enough that he can provide suitable enough goaltending, but this isn't someone that is going to steal you games.
If he is better then both Oilers goalies, and better then both Habs goalies (and Sharks goalies, and Sabres goalies, etc) then he is above replacement. Clearly.

Words matter and you are 0 for 2 - he is a good player, and is above replacement. I'd find some other player you know nothing about to comment on because this isn't your thread.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
If he is better then both Oilers goalies, and better then both Habs goalies (and Sharks goalies, and Sabres goalies, etc) then he is above replacement. Clearly.

Words matter and you are 0 for 2 - he is a good player, and is above replacement. I'd find some other player you know nothing about to comment on because this isn't your thread.
Both EDM players are below replacement level. Clearly.

I've watched Montembeault often enough every year since he's come into the league as an East coast fan. This guy isn't a player on a team that wants to win. A "good" backup is not a starter. Him being the best goalie on the Habs has more to do with Allen falling apart and Primeau being trash. Good for him though if he's taken a bit of a step forward this year.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
If Montreal gets a 2nd for him, they should take it.
They would be stupid to do that, why would they trade a proven NHL goalie, a guy that is getting better every year, for a pick that has an 80% chance of never playing a game in the NHL?

If all they wanted was a second he'd be gone by now.

An no, I don't think he is worth a first, or an A prospect, but he has significant value to MTL and it is entirely possible he plays 8 more years in the league as a 1b or a 30 game per year back up. He is a good goalie no matter if none of you have watched him play.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No team is trading a 2nd for Montembaunt.

Goalies don’t have high value in trades, and guys like Montembaunt have very little value.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think we can call this as "discussed" and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce