Speculation: Sam Montembault to EDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Good grief, swinging for the fences, hey?
Trades to save seasons & management jobs are pricey!

If Oilers turn it around, that's a late pick & a prospect that's in danger of stalling.

Edit: look at the blues a few seasons ago. Anything is possible.

Reactions: VanP

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Montembeault is not a good player.
Montembeault has decent stats on some terrible Habs teams and his dirt cheap contract is appealing to a capped out Oilers team, as we can afford him pretty easily without having to do too much else (Holland doesn't like actually having to *do things*, it interrupts his daily schedule of counting and talking about Detroit.)

Montreal has been among the league leaders in goals against the last several years. As a fellow team that can't defend for shit, Montembeault to Edmonton makes a lot of sense... but I think they're showcasing Primeau and are going to try to hoodwink us into paying for him instead because they don't want to waive him.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'd be checking up on Bourgault or Holloway, but I expect a 2nd rounder is more like his true value.

I expect a deal to involve clearing out cap space so the Oilers can make further moves.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Montembeault has decent stats on some terrible Habs teams. Montreal has been among the league leaders in goals against the last several years. As a fellow team that can't defend for shit, Montembeault to Edmonton makes a lot of sense... but I think they're showcasing Primeau and are going to try to hoodwink us into paying for him instead because they don't want to waive him.
You watch either of them? Only reason they are in the NHL is because MTL is rebuilding. These are not competitive-level players.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You watch either of them? Only reason they are in the NHL is because MTL is rebuilding. These are not competitive-level players.
Montembeault isn't a starter and probably never will be, but he's a perfectly serviceable 1B and is cheap as hell.

That said, Habs fans expecting first rounders or huge packages are going to be disappointed. He'll get a 2nd, and it'll be an overpayment.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Ok here the timeline,

November: Trade, after 2 games, he the goat!
December: Its just a rough patch, need to adapt to edm
January: well that aint working but he still a serviceable backup
Febuary: Why no one want to trade for Monty
March: Can he go ltir, or buyout at least he not comming back next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad