Confirmed with Link: Sam Lafferty gets a 2 year contract extension ($1.15M)

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Let's all collectively pray that Davidson's reasons for re-signing him (and other players moving forward) is better than "well I traded for him." That's a Bowman attitude that needs to die.

No. Bowman's thing was reacquiring guys for the "good ol' days". Drove me crazy he always acquired ex Blackhawks who were on the cup team(s).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Meh

He is energy player who has no real greater upside but should be dependable for effort every night and doesn't hurt team out there

If he does well next year the Hawks have potential trade chip for a 3rd/4th round pick at TDL

No real downside

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I like Lafferty’s energy. Guy has 0 finishing ability but puts in the effort night in night out. Good for him.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Meh

He is energy player who has no real greater upside but should be dependable for effort every night and doesn't hurt team out there

If he does well next year the Hawks have potential trade chip for a 3rd/4th round pick at TDL

No real downside
Exactly. We aren't paying him that much (especially with cap inflation), he's useful on the 4th line, if he gets better he's a bargaining chip, and he's thrice the hockey player Nylander pretended he was. As long as he's not mis-used he should be fine.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Imagine having an issue with this signing. Nitpicking over $150k for a team that doesn't need cap space. :laugh: This place is going to be absolutely insufferable over the next few seasons.

He's a solid 4th line guy that works his ass off, is signed for just two seasons, and is making a nut hair over $1M. OH NO!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nitpicking over $150k for a team that doesn't need cap space.
Call nitpicking if you want, but you're also setting a precedent.

Other 4th line guys can ask for more than what they're worth because "hey, look at what your gave Lafferty".

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Imagine having an issue with this signing. Nitpicking over $150k for a team that doesn't need cap space. :laugh: This place is going to be absolutely insufferable over the next few seasons.

He's a solid 4th line guy that works his ass off, is signed for just two seasons, and is making a nut hair over $1M. OH NO!
The future is now.

Reactions: Pez68

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

Other 4th line guys can ask for more than what they're worth because "hey, look at what your gave Lafferty".
Ok, then tell those other fourth line guys to kick rocks. I think what precedent Davidson is actually setting is that he’s rewarding guys that work hard and buy in. After watching this team consistently get out worked the past few years, I’m okay with that.

There’s really no down side here.

Reactions: Muffinalt

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I like that he is staying as he has great speed, forechecks his ass off and works hard and my Grandfather is a Lafferty so I’m probably related to this guy

Reactions: Muffinalt

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Good for him, hard working player- heart & soul type. Fans like him and you can tell the boys respect him too. A bit high on the AAV, but whatever, he can be moved/buried without a problem if it comes to that.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Ok, then tell those other fourth line guys to kick rocks. I think what precedent Davidson is actually setting is that he’s rewarding guys that work hard and buy in. After watching this team consistently get out worked the past few years, I’m okay with that.

There’s really no down side here.
Shouldn't overpay on guys simply for working hard

That's the mentality that leads to albatross contracts

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Newsflash, my man. Chicago isn't a premiere destination anymore. Get used to overpayments.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
How is 1.15 an overpayment?
While he is best suited for the 4th line, unlike most 4th liners who doesn’t need to be hidden.
He can survive defending against those better than him. He has earned a higher level, 4th liner pay.
Interesting some of the same folks were angry they let Kampf walk. He turned down 1.2m and got 1.5m from the Leafs.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes