Confirmed with Link: Sam Lafferty gets a 2 year contract extension ($1.15M)

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Good signing. Cheap and can play 3rd line minutes in a rebuild. Play him up and hes a good deadline trade that could net us back a 3rd at a future deadline.

Reactions: Muffinalt

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
It's not like it's terrible and it doesn't really matter, but on principle I just don't understand going over 1M for replacement-level players.

Reactions: hawksrule

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Happy for the kid. I hope he develops into a good player for you guys. He shows spurts of greatness in Pittsburgh but then it was gone as quick as it came. No one would ever question his speed and hard work though.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Would've liked his cap to land at an even mil a year, but this is close enough and if he plays like he has, he's worth it.

Reactions: TheFridge

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Meh. Marginally better than just a guy.
Why should the Hawks sign a forward who is signicantly above even for WAR and play him on the fourth line (like good teams typically do) while they're in a rebuild?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I like Lafferty. We coulda had Joker instead, what a pathetic trade by Stan the man.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
A perfect example of picking off a player who was in and out on a pretty deep team to shore up a really poor team's 3rd and 4th lines.....need to go after the Carolina, Florida and Tampa's and keep doing this....I like the philosophical direction Davidson is headed in.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
5g 6a abd -16 in 45 Hawks games this season...Hardly anything to rejoice over.. No hands...over-rated defensively...Does not turn our pk into anything cl otent.

Surely we could have done better than this as 4C MINUS 16 with Hawjs..

But useful in helping our? Tank for 2923.

P rejection to over -30next season will do tgat.

He ain't exactly Matxis Kruger who also coukd not provide mich offense but at least was good on pk and as a defensive checking C...

Lafferty wY over-rated...looks nice skating but that is it.

Show me a C who shuts down teams as 4th liner...who cuts off opp entries before they hot our zone. That is not Lafferty.

People have kist their minds thi king this is a greT signing.No it is not...unless you plan to use tgag orojectovke -30or more next sesdin as a valuedc"contribugion" to the rank.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Why should the Hawks sign a forward who is signicantly above even for WAR and play him on the fourth line (like good teams typically do) while they're in a rebuild?

Didn’t say they should.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A giuy 10 years older and signed for less cao provides +24 and much better pk ....you want no hands /poir pj Lafferty over somebody competent lije Pierre -Eduoard Bellaire (TB)...

No evidence Lafferty stocks on his checks...or vlearsxwell on the pk...he only looks pretty in skating but tgatvisxa fLse value when lacking in viral otger duties forca 4C who also is supoisefly a key pk guy...

Sure hevis "only" 27 but that alone is not the right fit for a rebuild.

When tfey brought i Kruger hecwas a lit younger.

Lafferty "looks?goid" but accomplishes little to hep team acrualky win goes...

Getting chances not finishes is hardly helping...Not shutting down top oppo lines us not helping.

Flash but no payoff...

I woukd have let him walking kokexcelsewhere for a sokution.

And if you dare think he shoukd be a 3C ...cone on...no wY.

Face facts...over-rated ...pretty uselessboth iffenseivelyvand defensively..We cN find better.

If you think sonebitger teM wi ll with him at TDL next season or one after...forget it unless he vastly improvesx either finishing chances or in helping prevent goals ratger than be -16forvusvin half a season.

People settle too easily forctge incknprencexwe toleratevon this teM.

Resukts matter...not just "looking pretty "as a skater..lotsvifvotgercssoectsvif tge great you must do well..he has notcshown he can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad