Rumor: Sam Gagner returning?

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I have time for Sam great utility guy would be a good influence on the younger players
Another no defence player. Can probably not skate, but could br a 3rd line filler.

Gagner Nuge Puljujärvi./Holloway
Or Hyman Leon Gagner on a 2nd line.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He's fine as the 12th forward on the team, and he can still produce on the PP, which he actually might get an opportunity to do here since Woodcroft seems more open to playing a second unit. I could see it being a good fit.
Expensive 12th fwd

Reactions: oilers'72

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
In light of the Kane discussion, is anyone else thinking about an infamous Battle of Alberta from 2007?

Not only did Danny Syvret never pan out, but his most significant Oilers moment was lobbing that flukey shot on Kiprusoff in a meaningless game...and the resulting GWG quite possibly cost us Patrick Kane by knocking us out of lottery contention.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Does a Sam Gagner really belong on a contending team? Don’t think he brings enough to justify a roster spot….Kassel would be a better choice with his stronger Ozone skills / production. There are plenty of good influences in the room already, so we need to focus on hockey skills. Peeling off contracts like Shore, Koekken would further the roster focus we need. If we need a 13th utility player let’s make sure he brings good defensive skills as a minimum. The 13th forward hardly ever makes a difference offensively but can be a disaster if D skills are missing.

Reactions: BudBundy

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I'm assuming he'd come in at league minimum, I don't see the Oilers spending more than that on any UFAs outside of Phil Kessel at this point.
I dont get why they dont go after players that isnt 35+, and has their prime ahead of them. Evan rodriguez would be perfect. Sign 3m$ 3 years. Trade Fogele with a pick for anything. Trade Puljujärvi for a 2nd rounder and a sort of prospect. Sign MacLeod for a 950 000 1 year challenge contract.

5,7 millions out, 4 millions paid.
Sign Kessel as Holland so badly wants that for 1,2 million 1 year.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
As we inch closer and closer to the start of TC, players will become a little more desperate, and I suspect a bunch of PTO’s and one year minimum deals will be signed once the calendar turns to September. Hopefully the Oilers bring in 2 or 3 of players in that ballpark, and worst case is we ship them to the farm at no caphit. Ideally a couple guys (Like a Gags) can slide in when the inevitable injuries occur.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
If we get Gagner and Patrick Kane, then we can put them on a line with Evander and get a "Two-Kane Sam" line.
Didn't Gagner play on the same London Knights team as Kane in junior? Maybe a combination of Gagner as a team mate and Keith in a staff role helps attract Patrick over here.

Feb 9, 2013
If it takes getting Gagner to lure Kane, use the assets to get the defenseman we need. I don't want snowpants anywhere near my team.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd be fine with signing Gagner, as long as his spot is the one currently occupied by Shore, with the plan being that whichever one of those two doesn't make the team as the 13th forward hits waivers and plays in the AHL.

Reactions: fresh meat

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I'd be fine with signing Gagner, as long as his spot is the one currently occupied by Shore, with the plan being that whichever one of those two doesn't make the team as the 13th forward hits waivers and plays in the AHL.
The Oilers should re-sign Brassard not Gagner.

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad