Ontario
Reactions: Marshall

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
...Who on earth is Tomas Willander?

The big late riser on D.

Frankly he should have been a consensus 1st round pick after the Hlinka, where he was very impressive.

6'1, great skater, smart, not dynamic offensively but good at moving the puck, excellent defensively

Has all the makings of a top 4 two-way RD.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
If Michkov falls farther than 5th I would be shocked.

I know that it's going to take a while for him to make the NHL, but he is barely a tier below being a Generational Talent. and Montreal, who picks 5th, has a good prospect pool, meaning they could wait 3 years for him to join the league.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
If Michkov falls farther than 5th I would be shocked.

I know that it's going to take a while for him to make the NHL, but he is barely a tier below being a Generational Talent. and Montreal, who picks 5th, has a good prospect pool, meaning they could wait 3 years for him to join the league.
I cant see the sharks passing on him. They're going to be bad for a while so they have no need to rush any prospect they take at 4

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I cant see the sharks passing on him. They're going to be bad for a while so they have no need to rush any prospect they take at 4
You know that and I know that, but does their owner?

Sharks will almost certainly take whoever’s left out of Fantilli, Carlsson and Smith.

Reactions: Bgav

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm fairly sure this is the first time a Tomas Willander appears on any kind of public ranking for 2023.
Willander has been noticed, and commented upon, quite a bit recently. His skating is vg(great backwards skater), has nice size, and is a solid defender with some puck skills.
Sort of a RH Brodin.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
It's a lot better than Button's but this guy is way too high on Bonk

bonk is apparently getting a lot of love from numerous teams, according to a guy i trust with draft info. from my views, he's a mid 2nd, but
sounds like he's probably going in round 1.

At least Button watches the prospects. Cosentino is the king of capping

forgive me being a geezer, but what does capping mean? :laugh:

Plus, I called out Sam on a previous article about putting a 2024 guy on there. So if he's reading this, which he is, take that.

spicy. who was the 2024 guy?

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I will never knock someone for doing a mock draft or posting their rankings. It is lots of work to do. The thing is that Cosentino is more of an “expert” than us. He is on tv so his opinion is more broadcasted. Other than Bonk at #20 and Myatovic at #32 he has no real hot takes. His list here is a very generic mock that most of us could post just based upon consensus rankings.

I know that many of us crap on Button’s list but at least he goes and puts a couple names a lot higher than most. We may scratch our heads and question it but at least it is different. He has ASP at #5 and thinks he is a Zubov.

When the actual draft happens there are players who get selected a lot higher than what the consensus think. It just shows that all teams have their own opinions on players and don’t really care for what the rankings are. When I see someone of stature post their list I would hope that they would have a different pick or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad