Player Discussion Sam Carrick

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Dude is just a straight honest hockey player. Plays with 100% heart, crafty and will defend anyone on his team. Will skate through a wall to win. He also has an underrated offensive game. He should be an everyday player and I wouldn't mind sticking him next to Terry or zegras who he has shown chemistry with previously and will defend them both if goons attack. He has a really good stick and is really crafty with deflections and rebounds.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
It's going to be real hard to justify sending him down again. Ducks would risk losing him on waivers for sure after the stretch he's had.

Like you said, good and honest player. Super happy for him.

Reactions: bsu

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
It can't be stated how important he was for zegras development. He literally took him under his wing same with Terry. He's basically the Gulls Getzlaf. Perfect captain that can hurt you on the scoreboard and hurt you physically. Honest player.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
It can't be stated how important he was for zegras development. He literally took him under his wing same with Terry. He's basically the Gulls Getzlaf. Perfect captain that can hurt you on the scoreboard and hurt you physically. Honest player.

I feel like we rarely agree, but you're 100% correct about this.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
3 goals in 5 games for someone playing under 11 min a game on average is great. Those 3 goals is a single season high for him and is 1 less then total goals he had all before this season in his NHL career (47 games)

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

Absolute beauty.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Get this guy a new multi year contract for more than the vet minimum he's been making, he's earned it.

100%

Hazy mentioned on the broadcast that Getzlaf wanted Carrick in the lineup more last season. Safe to say he was right. I know a lot of us have been puling for him ever since he joined the Gulls, but it's still great to see him continue to prove himself.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Get this guy a new multi year contract for more than the vet minimum he's been making, he's earned it.
I think he will be given the Grant 3 year contract at the end of the season, and he earned every penny. Wouldn't even mind something like 3 years, 1.3 AAV

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He's one of my favorite players on the team.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Carrick and Deslauriers are perfect 4th liners. Can fight, can provide a bit of offense, play hard and kill penalties decently. Would be excited about a Jones/Carrick/Deslauriers 4th line next season.
A true 4th line where the players can play throughout the lineup as needed.
Never again should we attempt a 4th line of Street Rowney Gibbons

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I gotta be honest, I was kind of meh about many of you raging about Carrick already last season or maybe even before. I'm f***ing sold on this guy. What a guy! He can do everything.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Would like to see him back as well. Hopefully Verbeek feels the same way. I'm sure if he doesn't resign here a few teams will be calling for his services.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
a.jpg

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
The need for Carrick is even bigger now with Des gone. Don’t see how Verbeek doesn’t resign him, seems like just the type of player he loves

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If we don't re-sign him, Verbeek can f*** off. Carrick is basically what Getzlaf was for us but for the Gulls. He helped protect AND develop a lot of our young talent mainly Terry and Zegras. He held other teams accountable if they tried to cheap shot or target our young players. He also brings grit, edge and has severely underrated offensive abilities. He's a top 5 favorite player for me on this current team. I probably am biased because I watched so many San Diego games when Terry/Drysdale/Zegras etc were playing.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Its kinda interesting that Carrick's visibility seems to have fallen off after Des left. I hardly notice him out there anymore.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
The fact he has not been resigned says it all about where Verbeeks Ducks team is headed. I never thought I would miss Pierre Gauthier that's how bad it is. Embarrassing I've complained about lack of toughness obvious off and on since I've been here but this is too extreme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad