Sam Bennett vs Brayden Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Depends what your team needs. If you need a leader or a player to build around you take Bennett. If you need a winger and someone to compliment your star, you take Point.

Overall, I take Point.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Depends what your team needs. If you need a leader or a player to build around you take Bennett. If you need a winger and someone to compliment your star, you take Point.

Overall, I take Point.

Point is better at C.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Both are somewhat mystery boxes at this point, but I like what I've seen out of Point more.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Point is a beauty. But it's Sam Bennett by a good margin.

When he puts all of that together with actual PP ice time, quality linemates, and a bit more confidence, he will be a premiere centrr in the NHL.

Point may be the best saucer passer in the league though, aside from the Thorntons and Crosbys.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Point is a beauty. But it's Sam Bennett by a good margin.

When he puts all of that together with actual PP ice time, quality linemates, and a bit more confidence, he will be a premiere centrr in the NHL.

Point may be the best saucer passer in the league though, aside from the Thorntons and Crosbys.

That's not his only skill

He is a shootout god, also he is quick and by the end of the season was a very good goal scorer.

topcheezy

Sep 3, 2017
i think bennett's gonna break out big time. imo the coach was his biggest enemy and he was never really given much of a chance to get going. but he showed flashes of being a superstar and the way that he rocks people on their ***** and beats up players much bigger than him while having a high-end skillset tips it in his favor for me

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
What position did Point play mostly this year? Who were his linemates? Was he getting powerplay time?

His most common line was centering between Palat and Kucherov. Followed by centering Drouin and Killorn. He also played a decent amount with Johnson and Namestnikov.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
His most common line was centering between Palat and Kucherov. Followed by centering Drouin and Killorn. He also played a decent amount with Johnson and Namestnikov.

Not trying to pump Bennett or anything, as he definitely has his flaws, but man, those are much better linemates than Bennett had this year.

Last edited:

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Not trying to pump Bennett or anything, as he definitely has his flaws, but man, those are much better linemates than Bennett had this year.

he played wing with Johnson and names a little early on and it didn't click. he had some chemistry with drouin but cooper underused that line. late on he clicked with kuch and palat.

I think he should carry his own line next season as the 3c.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
he played wing with Johnson and names a little early on and it didn't click. he had some chemistry with drouin but cooper underused that line. late on he clicked with kuch and palat.

I think he should carry his own line next season as the 3c.

I really want to see Tkachuk with Bennett, but I doubt Gulutzan breaks up the Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik line.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Completely different type of players. I'm a big Point fan. And i would take him
Just because I view him as safe. That said, I still feel Sam is close to breaking out and becoming a complete 200 ft two way center.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
We haven't seen the best of either player... I pick Point because he's done more with the time he's had. Though, it wouldn't shock me if Bennett turns out to be the better player.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
For the Leafs, I take Bennett. We already have high end C's with a lot of skill that can produce.

For teams that need a top 6 C with more skill, I'd go Point.

For most teams, I think Point is the clear choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad