Proposal: Sam Bennett to FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Instead of pulling the ad hominems, tell me what about my post is "Lmfao"-worthy.

Trochek? Yeah, I forgot to name him. But he falls into the same Barkov category of "Florida wouldn't move him for Bennett".

Ekblad? Calgary isn't looking to upgrade its blueline when you consider his cap hit. We literally trade away a better player than Ekblad for a forward last year. And again, Florida wouldn't move him for Bennett.

Huberdeau? 6.2M and he would be behind Gaudreau and Tkachuk on the depth chart AND behind Gaudreau, Tkachuk, and Monahan on the LHS PP forward chart. He also doesn't bring the all-around game Bennett brings.

Hoffman? A 200 foot liability who relies on PP scoring. And which LHS forward do you wanna take off PP1 for him to be worth a roster spot? I wouldn't take him for free considering his off-ice concerns.

Dadonov? 30 year old, not even worth discussing.

Let me reiterate: There isn't a fit where Florida actually offers a player worth more to Calgary than Sam Bennett, for Sam Bennett.

Pretty much the whole post is laughable. Sammy B is a 25-30pt 3C. He had one 35-36pt season and has never reached his projected ceiling. Ya he's physical but that doesnt make him untouchable. He's still young but dont see him becoming a 2C all of a sudden.

Hell if we still had McCann, I'd say he has similar value to SB. Dadonov (least value of all FLA players you listed) probably holds more value than SB right now. Dont be silly

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Brodie + Bennett for Barkov
The 3 B trade
Close?

Add 2nd in 20 from Flames for 750K retained a year on Barkov?
Add a conditional 4th if Brodie resigns ?

Wtf? No, just no. Not remotely close, did you honestly think it would be?? A 90+ point player this year that has a ridiculous 2 way game is only worth that? Oh, and add in a 2nd if Florida retains??

Holy crap. The ask was for Sam Bennett, not Monahan or Gaudreau.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Brodie + Bennett for Barkov
The 3 B trade
Close?

Add 2nd in 20 from Flames for 750K retained a year on Barkov?
Add a conditional 4th if Brodie resigns ?

purrfect.gif

How can FLA say no..?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Wtf? No, just no. Not remotely close, did you honestly think it would be?? A 90+ point player this year that has a ridiculous 2 way game is only worth that? Oh, and add in a 2nd if Florida retains??

Holy crap. The ask was for Sam Bennett, not Monahan or Gaudreau.

Don't the Panthers need another top 4dman? Brodie is easily a #2/#3, I did ask if it was close and added two additional add ons. Sorry to disappoint I don't know time leagues trade ratings, I am not a GM and neither are you. That is all.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Don't the Panthers need another top 4dman? Brodie is easily a #2/#3, I did ask if it was close and added two additional add ons. Sorry to disappoint I don't know time leagues trade ratings, I am not a GM and neither are you. That is all.

Yeah, neither of us are, but that’s beyond horrible. Our need for a D-man has nothing to do with Barkov’s worth.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, neither of us are, but that’s beyond horrible. Our need for a D-man has nothing to do with Barkov’s worth.

But that's what I was offering thinking of needs, wouldn't Fla's biggest need be a top 4 d and a G? Middle scoring?

Sorry I seen both Bennett and Barkov mentioned and thought Brodie would even it out, a top 3 dman and M6 forward for a top line forward (I actually didn't even realize Barkov is sitting at 91 points in 79 games this season

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
But that's what I was offering thinking of needs, wouldn't Fla's biggest need be a top 4 d and a G? Middle scoring?

Sorry I seen both Bennett and Barkov mentioned and thought Brodie would even it out, a top 3 dman and M6 forward for a top line forward (I actually didn't even realize Barkov is sitting at 91 points in 79 games this season
Maybe do slightly more then just watch the flames then so you don’t embarrass yourself with terrible trade proposals. That trade is easily one of the worst ever. A 2nd pairing defenseman as the main piece for Barkov. Lmao.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Bennett has the value of a 2nd round pick, and honestly I don’t really see what he provides for us that is special. Under yet another coach and has 26 pts, same amount as the previous two seasons. He isn’t worth much, and if his contract demands are too high, chances are he won’t be back.
Sure. Fake Flames fan right here. Bennett is a beast that brings more energy than anyone else. There is a reason the Flames went to hell once he got injured. There is no chance he won't be back, Bennett is unavailable for trade and starting to break out now.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sure. Fake Flames fan right here. Bennett is a beast that brings more energy than anyone else. There is a reason the Flames went to hell once he got injured. There is no chance he won't be back, Bennett is unavailable for trade and starting to break out now.

What's he breaking out to be? He's a pretty good 5 on 5 3C. He doesn't really kill penalties or do much on the PP. He's physical and getting better at faceoffs, other than that what are we missing here?
I guess he would have cracked the 30pt mark again if he was healthy but scoring is way up so he should be putting up more points.

Yes he's still young enough to become a late blooming 2C but doesn't look possible with SM and MB in front of him. He has similar value to Jared McCann imo

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
What's he breaking out to be? He's a pretty good 5 on 5 and a 3C. He doesn't really kill penalties or do much on the PP. he's pretty physical, other than that what are we missing here?
I guess he would have cracked the 30pt mark again if he was healthy but scoring is way up so he should be putting up more points.

Yes he's still young enough to become a late blooming 2C but doesn't look possible with SM and MB in front of him.
You can see his game changing. People said the same thing about MB and he broke out, some players take a bit longer. He is still really young, people forget that. He is never going to be a top line C but I think he will be a 50-60 point physical hard checking winger. Those are the type of players you covet come playoffs and BT sees the same thing and that is why in interviews he has said Bennett is going nowhere.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What's he breaking out to be? He's a pretty good 5 on 5 3C. He doesn't really kill penalties or do much on the PP. He's physical and getting better at faceoffs, other than that what are we missing here?

Yes he's still young enough to become a late blooming 2C but doesn't look possible with SM and MB in front of him. He has similar value to Jared McCann imo

He’s not a C.
It just shows how much both fans know about each other’s team.

I just don’t think the Flames are in position to move Sam. Team is soft as butter with him in the lineup. He’s a speedy, hard nosed home grown talent that won’t be much to keep.

Flames fans also have a soft spot for Benny. Dude had taken over playoff series in the past, and had stretches in his career that looked like he was finally turning the corner in terms of becoming that top 6 guy we thought he’d be. I just don’t think Calgary will move on from him for peanuts. He’s worth more to the team than other teams are willing to pay.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You can see his game changing. People said the same thing about MB and he broke out, some players take a bit longer. He is still really young, people forget that. He is never going to be a top line C but I think he will be a 50-60 point physical hard checking winger. Those are the type of players you covet come playoffs and BT sees the same thing and that is why in interviews he has said Bennett is going nowhere.

Fair enough, guess it's possible if he's paired with Monahan one day but I don't see that big of an improvement as he's had chances to produce in the top 6 no?
Nothing wrong with valuing a solid 3C/W but some of the comments made in here make him out to be an untouchable #1C.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He’s not a C.
It just shows how much both fans know about each other’s team.

I just don’t think the Flames are in position to move Sam. Team is soft as butter with him in the lineup. He’s a speedy, hard nosed home grown talent that won’t be much to keep.

Flames fans also have a soft spot for Benny. Dude had taken over playoff series in the past, and had stretches in his career that looked like he was finally turning the corner in terms of becoming that top 6 guy we thought he’d be. I just don’t think Calgary will move on from him for peanuts. He’s worth more to the team than other teams are willing to pay.

My bad, Frozen tools made it seem like he's still a C. Knew he was a C earlier in his career but do remember the shuffle of him being both a C and W for a stretch

Physicality is more coveted in the West it seems. Hopefully he continues to impress/improve. 2nd line winger could definitely be possible (40-50pts) but just don't see anything higher than that. Will try and catch some of your playoff games to see what all the hype is about.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I had to look up Sam Bennet’s stats when I read Barkov or Tro, thinking I must have missed him having a breakout season.

He’s a solid third line center. Good piece to have. Not worth much in a trade, imo. I think a second round pick and a b rated prospect would be more than fair

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Yes, and Neal is the only reason the flames are good (at least according to Reddit apparently).

Sorry, but I’m just not high on him. He’s been given every opportunity to make our top 6 and has proven he isn’t good enough. It’s his d+5 year and he hasn’t progressed whatsoever outside his physicality. Those aren’t the players that just break out usually.

I also never stated he was worth trading unless he was demanding too much money. On the other hand, he’s absolutely not irreplaceable.

Bond

May 10, 2012
lol. Yeah, if Florida wants a new GM, I will gladly take Barkov for Brodie, Bennett, and heck I will even throw in Frolik!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I would move Bennett for Borgstrom and Tippett. But I don’t think I’d bite on anything else.

Of course you would, FLA wouldn't though. Borgstrom would be on a 14g/30pt pace if he played the full year. He may not be as strong defensively as Bennett but that gap isnt a potential 20-25 goal winger in Tippett.

Borgstrom is also a rookie. Bennett has 4 years in the league.
Personally feel Tippett has a 30 goal caliber shot.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Of course you would, FLA wouldn't though. Borgstrom would be on a 14g/30pt pace if he played the full year. He may not be as strong defensively as Bennett but that gap isnt a potential 20-25 goal winger in Tippett.

Borgstrom is also a rookie. Bennett has 4 years in the league.
Personally feel Tippett has a 30 goal caliber shot.

Which is totally fair. But the Flames really rely on Bennett and we aren’t shopping him at all. So any trade would really need to make it worth our while. A 2nd and a B prospect doesn’t really do anything for us.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Which is totally fair. But the Flames really rely on Bennett and we aren’t shopping him at all. So any trade would really need to make it worth our while. A 2nd and a B prospect doesn’t really do anything for us.

That's fair too. Dont really see why a FLA fan is asking for Bennett. Our bottom 6 has a good blend of youth/veteran skill and grit.
You guys would prefer to add a RW and we would want a RD.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad