Sam Bennett or Evander Kane? (Mod warning post #36)

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Sam Bennett because he is cheap and cost controlled as well as not having troubles that Evander Kane has had.
Just how controlled is his cost considering he's been contributing a whole lot of nothing? You can argue about what Kane is worth but at least he's worth something.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Just how controlled is his cost considering he's been contributing a whole lot of nothing? You can argue about what Kane is worth but at least he's worth something.

I don't expect him to go pointless for a entire season.

E. Kane is worth something but not to me I don't want him around my team.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Both are rumoured to be moved this season.

Which one would your team take, and why?

Better yet, I want people to explain why on earth they would take an unproductive player that seems lost offensively over a guy that is a solid offensive performer when he isn't distracted from on ice stuff (he hasn't been for over a year now it seems).

Besides cap hit, there's literally no GM in the league in their right mind that would take Sam Bennett. That's not to hate on Sam Bennett, it's just the facts. Evander is producing, has been since last year, he seems to have his head on straight finally.

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
One's a NHL caliber top 6 forward, the other is minor league scrub. What value does Bennett bring at ZERO points in 15 games?

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Yeah the Jets are so good man! They clearly just killed the Sabres in that trade.

When you realize the guy your laughing about and saying your team doesen't need has more goals then your main star, and as many as your top goal scorer.

I actually REALLY like the Jets, but there fans are a bit much when it comes to the Kane trade.

You could argue MYERS has burned them more then done anything for them, while Kane has produced quite well,
You're getting triggered for no reason man.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Speculation, rumours, & allegations about players' personal lives are inappropriate. Please avoid going down that path.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I'd prefer Kane but Bennett knows how to have the same amount of goals and assists each year. Consistency like that can't be taught.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
lol Kane any day of the week. He's a totally serviceable top 6 forward and chances are he will eventually grow up and the off ice issues will stop. I haven't heard any rumors of addiction problems, he's just a d-bag. That will change as he gets older and settles down most likely.

Bennett on the other hand has been absolutely awful this season not just cause he isn't scoring but because he's a liability too. I'll be shocked if he gets anything more than a one year deal after this contract is up.

If he was pushing for the bridge deal and the Flames were offering term, that will probably be the biggest mistake he will ever make in his life.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
It’s probably good you don’t run a team then.

Because I wouldn't take a UFA to be that has been troubled before? If was GM I never of traded a 2nd round pick for Bieksa and then sign him to a contract extension before he played a game with the Ducks and I also wouldn't of signed Boll either so with those choices it would look like I did a good GM job of not spending money and using roster space on players that haven't been that good.

There had to be one.

Really hard choice to justify and this is coming from someone who isn’t too fond of Kane.

He is a UFA to be who has been troubled I wouldn't want to risk him causing problems with my team and no way to be sure Ducks could afford to sign him to a new contract assuming he would even want to sign with the Ducks instead of testing free agency. Also I don't expect Bennett to go pointless for a entire season.

member 262271

Kane, he's still a commodity in this league as a scorer.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
But an obvious bait thread between two players with vastly different skill levels is okay, particularly when one of them already has a million bash threads dedicated to him? lul
Your overhyped former golden boy is looking like hot garbage, and you expected people not to talk about it?

Hospy

Mar 18, 2013
Kane despite his flaws can at least produce. Bennett can't play hockey at all presently.

Not a particularly difficult decision.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Both are rumoured to be moved this season.

Which one would your team take, and why?

Definitely Kane. Bennett has the potential to benefit from a change of scenery but he's more likely to follow a Grigorenko or Yakupov path. Kane has drama attached, although it's been pretty quiet around him lately, and is clearly the superior player. Guy is money for 20+ even strength goals, almost regardless of where you stick him in the lineup. I like Bennett and would love to see him moved and turn it around, but Kane is definitely the better choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad