Salavat Yulaev - General Discussion

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Poor SYu :laugh: it reminds me of one of the Ak Bars - Avangard series at the dawn of the KHL, when Ak Bars won 11-1, and then the series deciding game was very close. So don't worry, forget this humilation and just play your hockey tomorrow ;)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Poor SYu :laugh: it reminds me of one of the Ak Bars - Avangard series at the dawn of the KHL, when Ak Bars won 11-1, and then the series deciding game was very close. So don't worry, forget this humilation and just play your hockey tomorrow ;)

And this game was in Omsk, not even in Kazan! Moreover, it was Ak Bars who advanced later on. :shakehead

This game will be awesome. I hope Ak Bars won't "akbars" this one and keep the game close. In circumstances like this, they love killing the hype early on, conceding or scoring 3 in the first period, making it all decided pretty much in 20 minutes, just like the final game of last year's Gagarin Cup.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
It has been only 1mins 20secs but... WHAT A GAME! These teams should not meet in first round... They both deserve semi-finals.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I hope these guys won't go home sad. :laugh:

HKTJBi8.jpg

Actually no. They play so good just because it's green derby. Unfortunately Avangard will smash any of them in semifinal

Well mate, as an Avangard fan myself, I'd say "I hope so!" but I really don't get the hype around Avangard. We were very lucky to get first place. The series against Neftehimik was similar to CSKA-Slovan; on paper, a clean sweep but in reality, not that impressive. The only thing we have to our advantage is that Salavat (or Ak Bars) will be very tired while we will have freshened - something badly needed.

Honestly I would not be very sad if Salavat advanced to finals - two or three months ago, I had a bet on "Salavat to become Eastern champion" priced at 4,50. If Avangard wins it all, great. If Salavat wins, then I become rich. If Salavat beats Avangard only to lose it in the finals... Then everything falls apart haha.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Yesterday I've seen many disappointed Ak Bars fans rooting... against SYu in Omsk arena.
Today they spread information why Ak Bars did not signed Omark last summer. Allegedly Bilyaletdinov said that Omark is a coward.
Tomorrow is Saturday, no job and more time for creativity and imagination ))))

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Ufa Arena seems like a nice place and a good arena hockey wise, despite it's relatively small size. Steep stands, 2 decks to give it bigger feeling and making it look less monotonous compared to bigger Omsk Arena with one deck, though bigger.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
That "goal" of Engqvist, hahaha! It was awesome. Maybe he should switch to FC Ufa. They need a prolific striker and Engqvist seems to be the right guy. I am sure many so-called professional football players wouldn't be able to do this trick. :laugh:

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
That "goal" of Engqvist, hahaha! It was awesome. Maybe he should switch to FC Ufa. They need a prolific striker and Engqvist seems to be the right guy. I am sure many so-called professional football players wouldn't be able to do this trick. :laugh:

:laugh: :yo: Still he's shown to a puck the way into Ava's net.
Furch was incredible tonight. But luckily we have our own foreigners.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Omark is really going for that MVP thingie this year.

True. Yesterday Gimaev made a good point asking why partners do not defend Omark as he is constantly hit by opponents every game. The only excuse I see here is that he plays with Grigorenko and Enquist (who are also too important to loose) and our coach just forbade it. But it is rather lame excuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad